Anyone having good weather in Spain / Portugal??? (1 Viewer)

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
What's the weather like where you are?

We're on the Costa De La Luz and experiencing un-seasonal weather!:Eeek:

Temperature is 9deg at 11.30am, heavy cloud threatening rain. :Sad:

Over the last two weeks we've had heavy rain, strong winds, low temperatures and only a few days of sun! Even when the sun comes out the air is cold.:cry::cry:

Still - mustn't grumble - could be worse - we could be in UK!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyone having better weather on the Iberian Peninsula??

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
Quite right Pen, it could be worse, in fact it is..........I am in the UK at the moment and counting the hours 'til I get on that flight back to Spain.........FREEZING and west here [UK] and running out of cash at a crazy rate............and the feeling of doom, gloom and depression hangs :cry:

29Km inland from Marbella we have had a cold snap [I think that would be called a heatwave in the UK] over the last few weeks, but nothing a jacket over the Tshirt didn't sort, plus a bit of rain...........Night were a bit cold though. I have just spoken to Debbie and she says it is a touch overcast.......I take to notice of her "Cold" comment......she would freeze in hell ::bigsmile:

So, slip round the coast and join us here [Alhaurin] if you have time........

You could cross to Morocco........One of our groups have just come back and report nearly every day of the 22 day tour experiencing fine weather and very warm in the south with they were there..........Quite a few MHFunsters joining me in Morocco during Jan/Feb/April, so lets hope it holds [It wll :thumb:].........

Ray

flyboy

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Carlisle
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I am on the Aires at Alfaz del pi right next door to Benidorm. Very sunny in the 60's All though it does get cold at night, the wind has just started to blow so the weather could be changing. We have been in Spain for just over the month and only had two days of rain. Who would want to be in the UK now?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Weather in Portugal...

The Eastern Algarve, apart from a couple of damp days, was brilliant up to Dec 4 when I left for central Portugal. Here it has been quite cold at night but mostly sunny during the day until today when it is a "stay in van" day and surf the post on Motorhomefun.co.uk

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You won't get get any sympathy from us,:roflmto: in fact its quite nice in West Wales today, unseasonal even. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Did you take thermals with you?::bigsmile:

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
You won't get get any sympathy from us,:roflmto: in fact its quite nice in West Wales today, unseasonal even. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Did you take thermals with you?::bigsmile:

Funny that! I didn't expect symathy from you!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Enjoy your sunshine - it won't last! Ha Ha!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Don't need thermals - we just put the heating on and stay in the van!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Except Rex has to go out to empty the loo etc!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Hi

we are in Spain, near Cartagena, the weather is up and down but I had the shorts on, then it clouded over :ROFLMAO:. This AM it was 18C but its over cast now. Recent days its been sunny, but cold at night, 8C-11C....not complaining though... better than the UK ::bigsmile:

N&K

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Here in Tavira, Algave, its raining, cold and not much better than the UK, except I know it will improve in a few days, not like the UK were it wont change for a few months.

Doug..

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Here in Tavira, Algave, its raining, cold and not much better than the UK, except I know it will improve in a few days, not like the UK were it wont change for a few months.

Doug..
Glad we're not suffering on our own!!:ROFLMAO:
Like you say it should improve within days ( we hope!!):ROFLMAO:

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
So glad its happened now, i would get blamed next week for bringing the weather with me from the UK!

I am leaving Monday 15th 10 15pm ferry, stoping at calais over night.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i keep looking at my spanish hol pics and wishing......woke at 9am today and it was raining.......its now 7pm and it aint stopped. really!!!! IT AINT STOPPED AT ALL. :Angry: :cry:

RickB

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
south devon uk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
four years+
I am on the Aires at Alfaz del pi right next door to Benidorm. Very sunny in the 60's All though it does get cold at night, the wind has just started to blow so the weather could be changing. We have been in Spain for just over the month and only had two days of rain. Who would want to be in the UK now?

Hi can you give me details of this aire, i need to be around Benidorm to suport my better half in the Benidorm half marathon at the end of January.
Cheers
RickB

jhbgaiem

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
Galapagar near Madrid, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Weather in Madrid

Beautiful sunny day today, a change from the snow last weekend.
Still cold, we are off to Portugal Monday. Hoping to meet some of you there.
Jonathan

C7KEN

Free Member
Jan 5, 2008
Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
The aire at Alfaz de Pi

RickB here is a link to the aire. It is owned by a Belgian couple Patrick & Vikki. You can go into Benidorm by bus or train from the local small station very cheaply:Smile:
Camperpark Costa Blanca

blucamp2

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
Funster No
sunny here

:Smile:Had Christmas day in North jutland denmark.
sat out in the garden and enjoyed , the Sunshine
will be heading south the 20th
happy new year to you all

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Where in the Costa De La Luz are you? I'm heading for El Peurto De Santa Maria between Cadiz and Jerez De La Frontera on Monday all being well. Currently in Benidorm warmish during the day but cold at night. Don't want to go anywhere colder if I can help it.
Pete

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Where in the Costa De La Luz are you? I'm heading for El Peurto De Santa Maria between Cadiz and Jerez De La Frontera on Monday all being well. Currently in Benidorm warmish during the day but cold at night. Don't want to go anywhere colder if I can help it.
Pete

We're in Conil De La Fontera at the moment but heading 7kms east tomorrow to a new campsite called Pinar San Jose - not far from Trafalgar.
Just been in El Puerto De Santa Maria this afternoon - we stayed there for a month in January this year - good place for exploring using public transport - ferry to Cadiz - train to Cadiz, Jerez and Seville.

It's warmish here but we've had a lot of rain over the last couple of days. Brighter today though!

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
We at at Silves have had a couple of very wet thundery days but yesterday and today better though a little windy .I think the forcast is for wind the next few days.mind its not a cold wind... and not nearly as cold at night as it was.we are back to Lagos tomorrow for the New year.Then not sure yet plenty places to wild camp no problems at all..

Val

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Well, Camping Pinar San Jose now has 3 funster incumbants!

The road around the camp is "interesting" (MIND THAT TREE) and the pitches are, shall we say, a little soft. Soft enough for both RayV8 and myself to sink down to our rear wheel rims. Ho hum. (BRUCE - take note!) We even had to swap jack pads as there was so little room left under Ray's van that his normal 1" pads were too thick!

We shall wait and see what having 40 Spanish tuggers around us for 4 days does to our nerves. Already, al-fresco guitar playing and jollilty has broken out - :ROFLMAO:

Papa

kijana

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Mostly in a car park.
Funster No
MH
C class Luton
Exp
4 years
Oh dear, Papa Smurf!

Hope you & Ray managed to jack yourselves out of trouble. Mind you, if you will drive these mighty Yank beasts :roflmto:

Suggest you dig out your Flamanco dress and gyrate to the tugger tunes whilst passing the hat round. That should dampen their revelry!

Remember - we're relying on you pathfinders to get it all sorted for us by the time we get there next week. . .

On the plus side, I gather the wifi works!

Bruce

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back