Snooper Ventura 8500 (Motorhome & Caravan)Update of Software & Maps (2 Viewers)

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Hi, thought I'd just post the good news re the above.

Bought the kit a couple of years ago & yesterday checked for updates since we are currently fulltiming in UK prior to house hunting in France in January 2015.

Update software is only available through a Windows System that luckily I can run on my Mac through the Parallels software. So updated the software & phoned Snooper tech support who told me there was a maps update that would take a long time to download & was over 3 gig in size.

However, since I have lifetime map updates he would post me a dvd with the map updates for free to our campsite.

Just thought I'd say how good Snooper tech support were.

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi, thought I'd just post the good news re the above.

Bought the kit a couple of years ago & yesterday checked for updates since we are currently fulltiming in UK prior to house hunting in France in January 2015.

Update software is only available through a Windows System that luckily I can run on my Mac through the Parallels software. So updated the software & phoned Snooper tech support who told me there was a maps update that would take a long time to download & was over 3 gig in size.

However, since I have lifetime map updates he would post me a dvd with the map updates for free to our campsite.

Just thought I'd say how good Snooper tech support were.

Pleased to hear you had good service from Performance Products ? ( Snooper)
however in our experience (we have the same model) , 8500 all singing and dancing, most expensive model out there!!! cost over £425.00 plus purchase of the lifetime maps £105.00 ( missed the free upgrade buy one month) £500 + is a lot of money for a Sat Nav that in my opinion ( three Snoopers, two Garmin's over seven years) is no better than anything else out there costing £250-300....we are now assessing Microsofts Autoroute with the GPS module + Samsung 10.1 tab...Sorry, not wishing to dampen your joy but my wife and I experience's with our Snooper confirmed that we will never purchase another Sat Nav costing silly money

Nov 2, 2014
Maldon Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hamilton Direct selling the Ventura Pro Sound DB8500 for £399 with lifetime map updates I'm tempted what do you think.
I have Snooper Ventura 2500 which needs updating.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back