hello here comes an old newbi (1 Viewer)

rupert

Funster
Nov 23, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
caravaning on and off 10 years
hi all
I've been looking on this site for ages, not got a van yet, gonna try the auctions friday.
I've seen a eura mobil to be auctioned so i might have a bid. its only about 20'long 2004 anyone know these vans ? any comments will be useful
cheers

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Rupert, welcome to fun, if your buying at auction can you check it out for damp etc. Good Luck. :welc:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
rupert

rupert

Funster
Nov 23, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
hi carol
apparently you have an hour before sale to check it out, and hopefully damp will be apparent as its raining at the mo.
but i realise its a case of buyer beware, so any advice on what to look for would be great

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Don't count on it. Only way to be sure is go armed with a damp meter.
This is good advice Rupert. They are not very expensive and can save ££££. Good luck with your purchase and welcome to Fun. :welc:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome Rupert. Can't give advice on a van but would be very wary of auctions unless you know about engines , etc. The interior can always be done up and sorted to your own taste as you go along.... There is a section on here of vans for sale. Don't know your price range. Also if you pm a member on here called Terry, he is doing just basic vans up for some of the Funsters to their own criteria and it can keep the price down. He lives quite near you I think.

Keep us informed of how you are doing.. I am sure you will get lots of help once you have a specific question. :)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Get yourself a damp meter then go round checking the van before the sale, do a lot of tutting and rolling your eyes as you check the readings, this will put off other potential buyers :LOL:

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
rupert, if you are new to motorhoming and are trying to get a bargain at an auction..........think again.

Most dealers will buy vans back to about 1999/2000. They will pay a fair price for decent vans. There are dealers everywhere advertising to buy vans for cash.

You can rest assured this van has been offered and rejected by more than 1 dealer.

Some traders might buy from auction but these guys might just botch it up to make a quick buck
Please beware vans are not cheap and can end up costing more than you bargained for

Oh and welcome to fun:welc:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
BUYER BEWARE! "most" vans at auction have a hidden past. either write offs, stolen recovered or even bailiff seizures through bad debt. Unless the price, including all auction fees (possibly another 20%) is well below trade price dont even think of bidding. just do a search of ebay for euramobile and it will show current values.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there Rupert and welcome to MHF(y)as well as the damp make sure the tyres are not worn or perished because that could be another expensive layout;)but be very careful buying at auction.
Brian & Jo

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi Rupert and welcome to FUN and as you will soon find this is the best forum on the net for all and any motorhome questions you may have, good luck in your seach. (y)

OP
OP
rupert

rupert

Funster
Nov 23, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
thanx guys n gals for your input.
i have taken your advice, and am now armed with a damp meter to poke around tomorrow
here's hoping. btw how do i access vans for sale on this site ?

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Pay particular attention for damp around the windows and try to push the roof up and if it moves easily its knackered, walk away

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Rupert and welcome

The vans for sale can be found under the Forums tab at the top of the page. Here is a quick link
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/forums/motorhomes-for-sale.298/

When you are checking for damp, don't forget to check the floor as well. Some have a de lamination which gives a spongy feel. It can be fixed but would probably be quite costly unless you do it yourself with a kit. Good luck at the auction - hope you end up with a great bargain.

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
I meant to add that unless you are used to auctions, It is advisable to get there early and watch how it all works. Make sure you understand what charges apply on top of the hammer price - buyers premiums, HPI checks etc etc.
Watch out for either a seller bidding you up or the auctioneer taking phantom bids - all part of the game !!

OP
OP
rupert

rupert

Funster
Nov 23, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
hi all..... "NOOOS" is... didntgedit it never made the reserve. sorry about the late reply, but i've just worked out why i couldn't
make the post >>>> cos i hadn't paid me tenner. anyway all paid up now , but i aint got no camper. SO there's another auction tomorrow with some interesting stuff AND the eura mobil is back up for sale. i think this maybe the last auction this year so the vendor may let it go if it gets near to reserve, so i'm back again friday with damp meter in hand. keep fingers crossed

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
There are Euromobil and Euromobil . I bought a new budget range a profila in 2007. 4.5 year later while PXing it for a new van in Germany damp was discovered all over the place by dealer, while he was not best pleased deal went through at the previously agreed price ( can you see this happening here!) only because he checked with euramobil and 6 year water Ingress warrenty was still valid. I was very lucky indeed! And this why I will never have another coachbuilt , prefer panel van conversions anyway...

So the warning: is check van out carefully even if it means bringing an engineer. It's in an auction for a reason?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
If you don't find one at Auction, why not try Autotradernsome good buys can be found on there. Good Luck Rupert.

OP
OP
rupert

rupert

Funster
Nov 23, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
hi all. quick update no go at the auction, had some doubts with eura mobil, ya know what they say. if in doubt walk away... so i did. i did have a bid on a nice chasson but was out bid. so the search goes on. i'll take carols advice and try "autotradernsome"

OP
OP
rupert

rupert

Funster
Nov 23, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
hi all, i'm still looking for a nice camper. in my search i've just seen the eura mobil sold at auction for £14100 plus fee's of around £800 listed on ebay for £19950 trade.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
:welc:

And remember it's the off season so you should get a decent discount even at dealers right now.

If buying privately and you aren't sure what to look for a nearby Funster will be glad to come along with you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back