Itineo Motorhome Experience (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We are seriously considering down sizing due to potential future licence issues.

Does anyone have any experience of Itineo (Rapido 2nd string) motor homes as we are considering a new SB 720.

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
We looked at one before buying the Rapido.
Nuff said

Sorry, that's not really fair, or constructive.
We did look at one and really liked a lot of its features and if the dealership had come up with the right deal we would probably have bought it, but in reality we much prefer the internal finish and build quality of the Rapido that we eventually bought

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We have been used to slideouts and space to move in but find that most models have very restricted lounging space due to the layout around the table, front facing seats and swivelling front seats.
The Itineo offers much more space and if there was a Rapido or other model offering this with a higher spec we would consider it.

We also like the layout of the Swift Bolero 682FB for the same space reason but it has no garage space of note.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Does anyone have any experience of Itineo (Rapido 2nd string) motor homes as we are considering a new SB 720.

You might already know, but I think there's a 1-page review of that model in this month's C&CC magazine.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Its an interesting layout and looks a nicer design than the previous models. but I would be hugely surprised if it actually under 3500 kgs in running form.

We ve never owned one but been in a few of the older Itineos - both mooching around the dealers/shows and on aires etc.

They seem to be a popular rental vehicle in france - bank for buck I guess - But even the private ones seem to go to look unloved and scruffy very early in their lives.

Inside you do get a lot of space for your money but they are a bit basic and when you start opening cupboards etc Ive always thought they re on the flimsy side. They are a budget Rapido and imo when the accountants get involved you always lose out somewhere.

Its difficult to buy anything that is good quality and under the weight limit but some of the manufacturers do seem to be taking notice - cathargo for one making a big deal about saving weight but retaining quality but at a price. There is also a rumour that EU are looking at a higher limit for c licence on a MH, but Ive only read it unable to substantiate this.

Jon

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Nikki and I have a second hand 8 series on our hunt list. Always liked them as they represent VFM in my opinion compared to the much more expensive overpriced dross out there. Liked Ken's one , teh only dealer i Know is in wokingham, sadly because they have only just started to re-inport them theres not much in the second hand marked for us..... With a huge dog and the way we use our vans along country roads and overhung branches I can not justify a new one.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks Paul!

As I said ours is the LB690 and fully loaded for 6 weeks away less water we had 25+ kgs to spare on payload.
This is with extras!
TV
Extra liesure battery
Sat dish
Oven (not standard)
Two 80 watt solar panels
Bike rack with two bikes
4metre awning

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've known a few owners these motorhomes and they have all been very happy with them. Really don't see many these days at all though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back