Nationwide flex plus (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/flexplus/features-and-benefits
Has anyone got one of these , seems to good to be true, following on from another thread about european breakdown it seems that although it says cars only , it is now covering mhs and any vehical you are driving
Depends if you want a currant account with the Nationwide costing £120 a year and going to the bother of changing your DD for just a recovery service. Or have I misread it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Under key exclusions it states:
Motorcycles, motorhomes, caravanettes, commercial vehicles (all types), vans, pick up trucks and vehicles being used for hire and reward purposes (such as taxis) are not covered.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Now i am confused.com as just had this from Nationwide customer services!

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm afraid that's not right, our breakdown cover does not include cover for motorhomes at all.

I'm not sure where you've heard that information but we definitely don't include motorcycles, motorhomes, caravanettes, commercial vehicles (all types), vans, pick up trucks and vehicles being
used for hire and reward purposes (such as taxis).

Any vehicles that we do cover have to be less than 7.0 metres in length, 2.3 metres wide, 3 metres high and weigh less than 3.5 tonnes when fully loaded.

I'm really sorry about that! But if you would like anymore information on the FlexPlus insurances I ave added a link below for you:

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/~/media/MainSite/documents/products/current-accounts/flexplus/p2226-flexplus-guide.pdf

Can anyone help me with how they have got around this?

Thanks
Simon

Further reply from Nationwide Flex Plus which hopefully clarifies!

Hello Simon,
Thanks for getting back to us, it's interesting you've been told this as we've had no notification of this change.

I know my colleague Laura spoke with our FlexPlus Team and they gave her the answer she then relayed to yourself, so I double checked this with our Insurance Team.
They have said that we did indeed change our policy a couple of months ago, and this is our new standing on the breakdown cover.
It is applicable to any privately owned vehicle, and the measurement restrictions are as follows:

Less than 7 metres in length, 2.3m wide and 3m high

Less than 3.5 tonnes when fully loaded

Hopefully this helps!
Yes but look at this from another thread today

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Depends if you want a currant account with the Nationwide costing £120 a year and going to the bother of changing your DD for just a recovery service. Or have I misread it.
Yes but you have 3% that counteracts it a bit and you stand to save circa £80 breakdown and similer travel insurance plus other stuff as well.
I havnt got one , didn't know anything about it till a couple of hours ago but looks a winner to me

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Yes but you have 3% that counteracts it a bit and you stand to save circa £80 breakdown and similer travel insurance plus other stuff as well.
I havnt got one , didn't know anything about it till a couple of hours ago but looks a winner to me
Any pre-existings and you will have to get a quote before that is sound.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Nothing very unique or unusual. Similar packages are available from most banks.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We had something like it at lloydstsb but they have stopped it now and give 4% on the account instead , but it seems to be nationwide day on here today , mentions on 4 different threads, but I don't think any other banks are giving all that this account is giving , at the moment I am paying greenflag £80 and staysure holiday insurance £100 odd so if this account is genuinely doing this it's certainly worth £10 a month, £120 as opposed £180 never mind appliance insurance in the kitchen , and mobile insureance, plus you get 3% up to £2500 in your account which would add up to £70 so you are only paying £50 for all the stuff.
Please don't take my word for it , I havnt got it but seriously considering it if in fact it does cover all vehicals.
Can anyone else verify that it does please.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back