Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I love it ... a real work of art.

I would put an offer in but for the smell of his pipe and the CO from that water heater.;)

Go on Dave you know you want to!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Looks like great nostalgic fun. The gear stick looked like a broomstick in a bucket of pebbles and I'd like to have heard the engine when he changed gear. I'd have it, always wanted a log burner in a van ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Looks like great nostalgic fun. The gear stick looked like a broomstick in a bucket of pebbles and I'd like to have heard the engine when he changed gear. I'd have it, always wanted a log burner in a van ;)

All gearboxes used to be like that Jim. Even when new. Old school drivers and all that stuff :D.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
All gearboxes used to be like that Jim. Even when new. Old school drivers and all that stuff

I remember taking my HGV3 test in an old 3tonner with no syncromesh, a 3ft long gear stick; wiggle it, do a little Irish jig on the clutch and and accelerator and then have a good guess as to where it should go next :)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Sell the RMB and get a offer in Dave (offers 25,000 euro)Not for me but hey ho if it floats your boat :D
terry

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Sell the RMB and get a offer in Dave (offers 25,000 euro)Not for me but hey ho if it floats your boat :D
terry

No, no, I want em both. I would love the lantern top, just so I know I have it. Its a collector, hoarder thing. Thankfully there is no cure :D

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
It will stink of pipe tobacco... yuukkk.

JJ :cool:
Am shocked and stunned JJ. I was under the impression you would have been trying to find a buyer for your soul this morning. Just goes to show what a poor judge of character I am :).

Reactions: JJ

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
No, no, I want em both. I would love the lantern top, just so I know I have it. Its a collector, hoarder thing. Thankfully there is no cure :D
If you must have both then go for it Dave (y)-Plenty of Febreeze will help rid of pipe tab smell :D
terry

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Love the look of it but being practical wouldn't want to own it. Too big and difficult to drive very far and parking would be a nightmare........

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Ideal to spend the winters away just do a few km's every day or every few weeks. Not built for speed. Just built to relax.
and can be repaired anywhere no computer needed.

Mel

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Not for me .. Very twee but not something that appeals
I guess I have little romance in my soul !

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I know this will not appeal to everyone, but I for one am fascinated by it. I think I also know the ones that would sell there soul for it.

Broken Link Removed

Right up your street Dave. :)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Sorry Dave .. not my cuppa tea either..

but I do like your Linder fishing boat..

Is it the Fisher 440 ?

I want one, just what I've been looking for :)

Hi Jim, The Linder was a 14 ft and I would still have it, but I started towing a car so it was impossible with the boat. The Linder is an ideal small fishing boat as its light and very strong. I have fished some rough weather from that thing, not that I am that foolhardy now. I now carry a 12 ft inflatable with a Suzuki outboard. I do have a 15ft Island Plastics with pram cuddy and 25HP and 4HP Evinrudes on a trailer with fish finder and all the gear for sale cheap, if your interested. It just needs a good cleaning up. I almost forgot I had that IP, must do a stocktake :D.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
It's beautiful. Dashboard looks more like an office desk.
But it'd take a lot of Febreeze to get rid of the pipe smoke smell.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim, The Linder was a 14 ft and I would still have it, but I started towing a car so it was impossible with the boat. The Linder is an ideal small fishing boat as its light and very strong. I have fished some rough weather from that thing, not that I am that foolhardy now. I now carry a 12 ft inflatable with a Suzuki outboard. I do have a 15ft Island Plastics with pram cuddy and 25HP and 4HP Evinrudes on a trailer with fish finder and all the gear for sale cheap, if your interested. It just needs a good cleaning up. I almost forgot I had that IP, must do a stocktake :D.

thanks Dave...

I was considering another inflatable, we had a 10 ft Yamaha with outboard, but sold it when we gave up fulltiming, also had a 16ft Orkney Longliner when we lived in Scotland.. also sold, but after reading about the Fisherman 440 Linder, ... light , strong, built in buoyancy, low maintenance, ideal for where we live and for towing.. I really want one .

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
thanks Dave...

I was considering another inflatable, we had a 10 ft Yamaha with outboard, but sold it when we gave up fulltiming, also had a 16ft Orkney Longliner when we lived in Scotland.. also sold, but after reading about the Fisherman 440 Linder, ... light , strong, built in buoyancy, low maintenance, ideal for where we live and for towing.. I really want one .
The Linder is as good a small boat as you will get. The Americans call it a John I believe. It will go up on the plane with a small outboard and is vertualy indestructible. Its also easy to launch by one man and it can be dragged across fields and rough ground because of its light weight. I bought the one I had from someone on ebay and when I sold it I lost nothing during my ownership. There are a few alloy boats on ebay at the moment, but no Linders.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back