Free Member
Nov 20, 2014
Nethy Bridge
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Folks, I have a 13 plate Chausson Flash 10 with electrical drop down bed.
The bed stops at 2 heights. When lowered at either height the bed which was solid a nod steady in position has developed a lateral movement which no longer provides a good nights sleep. I put it in for a a warranty check and was told that it just loosens off naturally. I was assured the bed was safe to use.
Has anyone got a similar problem and is there anything can be done about it?
Thanks

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Is it just me? Am I being unreasonable when I think that something that's been bought & paid for - & quite a lot of dosh at that - should WORK??? Certainly from lots of posts here of Fun it would appear that MH manufacturers & dealers seem to think we shouldn't be so demanding! What would your dealer say if you told them that their bed at home "just loosens off naturally" so not to worry if it makes them feel seasick... I don't somehow think they'd agree! (I don't think Trading Standards would, either).
I don't have a drop-down bed but am eyeing up a van that does, so will be interested to see how this story develops.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Lots of Funsters with Chaussons & even more with drop down beds in all makes of motorhomes so it will be interesting to find out if this is "normal" or a problem. Perhaps you could try ringing Highbridge Caravans for their opinion on 01278 782725 - they are a Chausson dealer in Somerset with an experienced team in their servicing dept. & they have an excellent reputation in our area with customers coming from all over the country for servicing(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Which way is the bed moving ? To and from the sides or to and from the front ?

As the runners are fixed to the walls I'd suggest that either the guide wheels have worn or the bolts which hold the wheels to the frame may have come loose.

Begs the question of how energetic in bed you have been to loosen it !! :inlove::coolest::clap::roflmto:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
i have a drop down bed in my swift belair and i had to change the gas struts as the bed was not lying right and it was very difficult to raise it after use ,fitted new gas struts and hey presto perfect now.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Realising how expensive they are, I decided to build my own, using an electric winch from an old breakdown truck. :( Bad idea. The wife tried it, and now she's three cars up in the local scrapyard. :(:(

sparky2

Free Member
Nov 17, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2003
Hi Eric,
We also have a flash 10 and find the drop down bed very comfortable. Yes, there is a slight movemet from front to back of vehicle but it is in effect a hammock. This is'nt as noticeable when the bed is at its first postion. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
E

Eric Foulds

Free Member
Nov 20, 2014
Nethy Bridge
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Folks, thanks for the advice. It is much appreciated. That's interesting Sparky 2 the movement is the same but was not there for the 9months of using the van. It appeared in the past few months. Has your bed had front to back of the van movement since new?
Don't feel it is like a hammock which is designed to move but I see where you are coming from.

sparky2

Free Member
Nov 17, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2003
Hi Eric, yes our bed has had front to back movement since new, it is more noticeable when either of us turn over during the night. As you are aware the bed hangs down on four straps and has 2 additionl metal guides to support it during lowering, maybe the runners need adjusting, i have adjusted these myself and found it did improve the movement.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
You could try asking the manufacturer project 2000 in Italy. I sent them an email when i had an issue with the our bed. They were very helpful saved a trip to the dealership.

OP
OP
E

Eric Foulds

Free Member
Nov 20, 2014
Nethy Bridge
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Eric, yes our bed has had front to back movement since new, it is more noticeable when either of us turn over during the night. As you are aware the bed hangs down on four straps and has 2 additionl metal guides to support it during lowering, maybe the runners need adjusting, i have adjusted these myself and found it did improve the movement.
Thanks sparky2. I will have a look and see what I can do.

OP
OP
E

Eric Foulds

Free Member
Nov 20, 2014
Nethy Bridge
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Since 2009
You could try asking the manufacturer project 2000 in Italy. I sent them an email when i had an issue with the our bed. They were very helpful saved a trip to the dealership.
Ok will do Thanks Spidey,

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
We have an electric drop own bed which seems to function OK but then we've only had the MH for a couple of months so can't say for sure it doesn't or won't happen

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
We have a drop down in our van and no movement either way solid and it is a project 2000 unit, however it is playing up with the up and down going in to the dealer for looking at

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have a drop down in our van and no movement either way solid and it is a project 2000 unit, however it is playing up with the up and down going in to the dealer for looking at
What is happening with your bed?

We had an issue and our dealership couldn't solve it over the phone but the bed manufacturers did via email. I think since the beds are relatively new the dealerships don't know. I had to let mine know the solution to our problem.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
What is happening with your bed?

We had an issue and our dealership couldn't solve it over the phone but the bed manufacturers did via email. I think since the beds are relatively new the dealerships don't know. I had to let mine know the solution to our problem.
Interesting my dealer didn't know how to put ours in manual mode, I think we have spoken before on another thread recently regarding this, you informed me where the manual release might be, having looked I can't find anything like yours is and mine is a project 2000 unit
Which is stopping at various points when putting the bed back up, and then drops back down 6 inch everytime so can take me 6 or 7 attempts to get the bed back in the roof
Mine only has 2 buttons on the control panel and no hidden buttons, I have booked it in with the dealer as it's still under warranty and Thks for your advice on previous thread

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Interesting my dealer didn't know how to put ours in manual mode, I think we have spoken before on another thread recently regarding this, you informed me where the manual release might be, having looked I can't find anything like yours is and mine is a project 2000 unit
Which is stopping at various points when putting the bed back up, and then drops back down 6 inch everytime so can take me 6 or 7 attempts to get the bed back in the roof
Mine only has 2 buttons on the control panel and no hidden buttons, I have booked it in with the dealer as it's still under warranty and Thks for your advice on previous thread
I will take some photos of mine tomorrow. Wonder if it is a different version?

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I took some photos of the panel and bump.

On the panel you don't see the hidden button, but if you run your finger between the up and down button you will feel depression. The other photos show the place where our manual handle fits in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 32

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun