Sep 14, 2014
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie
Hi All
We were out in the van (Jeanie) last week and hooked up to leccy. But when I hooked up and turned on the main switch, the lights, pump etc wouldn`t work, the sockets were fine.. The Zig Marque V control panel was in the middle position, ie both batteries off. When I switched to the leisure battery position, everything worked. We haven`t had the van long, but I am sure when we have been out previously, everything worked with the switch in the middle position. Am I right in thinking this or is dementia setting in. I`ve had the back panel off today and nothing seems amiss, all fuses are ok too. Also evreything works ok with the leisure battery on when we are not on EHU. Can anyone tell me A/ if I have a problem and B/ what the solution might be.
many thanks in advance
Gary

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
Did the 3 pin plugs work or just the 12v ?, The camp you were on if it was a C Club site you have to turn the inserted cable to the right for contact then press the button to release. Pete

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Dementia setting in im afraid.

The centre position will be a battery isolator.....neither hab nor engine batteries connected.

The mains hookup will run eveything 230v but not 12v.

The switch may also be connected to the engine battery in one postion.....opposite habitation position... meaning you could charge the engine battery, or maybe even use it as a leisure battery in emergencies....but not recommended as you could flatten the starter battery leaving you in the brown smelly stuff.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Dementia setting in im afraid.

The centre position will be a battery isolator.....neither hab nor engine batteries connected.

The mains hookup will run eveything 230v but not 12v.

The switch may also be connected to the engine battery in one postion.....opposite habitation position... meaning you could charge the engine battery, or maybe even use it as a leisure battery in emergencies....but not recommended as you could flatten the starter battery leaving you in the brown smelly stuff.
What he said
(y)

OP
OP
gazzeroo

gazzeroo

Free Member
Sep 14, 2014
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie
Thanks for your replies, I must be losing it, 60 next week so inevitable I guess. Can I assume then that with the switch in the leisure position and hooked up to the mains, the battery is being charged as well. Sorry for dumb questions but I am very new to this malarkey. Love it though!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back