LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi All

This year we had a meet at the Americana International Festival and despite the weather had a great meet and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the event and the company. The festival is predominantly a music festival but with loads of other attractions eg. dancing, cars, trucks, motorbikes, fancy dress and loads of stalls. The date is July 10th to 12th 2009.

I have spoken to Chris Jackson the organiser today about having another meet at the festival in 2009. He is happy for us to have a meet at the Americana and will allocate us an area where we can park together but would like an indication of numbers wishing to attend. Because we will be a mix of American RV's and European Motorhomes we will have to park in the general parking area rather than the inside arena as this is only for American vehicles. This is not really a problem as when parked inside you are on show to the 1000's that walk past and it can be a bit noisy.

Chris was really pleased to hear from us and I've included a quote from the e-mail he sent me which is a nice compliment to all the Funsters who attended last year. He has also included the MotorhomeFun logo in his websites :thumb: so we obviously made a good impression.

If anyone wishing to attend could let me know asap I will get back to Chris with some provisional numbers.

Booking must be done on the Americana website or over the phone by each individual but Please Make sure you book as part of the MotorhomeFun Group. No panic to book at the moment but please let me know if you're considering going.

links below
Americana International Show
Jacksonville-Americana
Americanajack | MySpace.com

Hi rory, yes no problem as long as we know the exact number of rv's/euro motorhomes in the group. Billy remarked how nice and friendly your group were, unlike a good number from the arve club who are too far up their own backsides to bother about other people..

Aerial shot of last years festival

Attachments

• Am08 arial pic from drove lane end 11-7-08.jpg
    Am08 arial pic from drove lane end 11-7-08.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 63

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
We'll have some of that:thumb:
A great show despite the wet weather, and there was talk of a HUGE tent for this year if I remember right
Geo & Pammy

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
OK thats you and me I'll put it on the Calendar.

I'll bring the Gaffa Tape you bring the booze what d'ya reckon sound fair?? :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
? RVOC or Motorhomefun are we as one or separate booking this?

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Have a Day off John, Joint Booking!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Ror

Despite the inclement weather. we had a great time with the Funsters at Americana 2008. We hope to be attending again in 2009, please put us on the list with our euro van.

Brisey (Brian & Pam)

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
R U Sure?:winky:

John

I would not presume to speak for Jim or RVOC but;

I think you'll find RVOC is hoping to be inside the arena as it will be only American RV's attending under that banner. We are open to all comers regadless of type of motorhome so will be in general parking as I mentioned in the first post.

Hope this clears up any confusion.:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
The haganaps will be attending this year for sure,

all onboard te ice cream van, so count us in and we will start saving now.!!::bigsmile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I'll be at both then:winky::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
Hi rory,

Put me down my mate, had a great time last year!
Remember i am just a little Hymer now! he he I love it!

patrick

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Will do be great to see you again. :thumb:

Bring some beer this time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Rory,

Put me down my mate, had a great time last year!
Remember i am just a little Hymer now! he he I love it!

Patrick

Rory If we can park like the Damon gang did (three sided) at last years do, or like the birthday bash we can build ourselves a social centre, we can also try out my new External sound system , and use the Hymers to plug the draughts:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
As it is a MH thing are 5ers allowed?

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
You are with us more than welcome, we even had a guy turn up in a caravan and join us last year had'nt got a clue who he was :thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Thanks Rory,, Please put me down . :thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You are with us more than welcome, we even had a guy turn up in a caravan and join us last year had'nt got a clue who he was :thumb:
Im sure that was Pam( Mrs Apple Crumble) and Nige (Sundowners) they had the demountable on the 4x4 American pick up at Pammy and Ash's do
He had gremlins in the truck at the time so Plan B swung into action, cant keep a good Funster down you know:thumb:
Geo

Last edited:
OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
May have been I don't know. The guy was telling me he'd had a Winnebago and it caught fire. Ouch!!!!!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
John

I would not presume to speak for Jim or RVOC but;

I think you'll find RVOC is hoping to be inside the arena as it will be only American RV's attending under that banner. We are open to all comers regadless of type of motorhome so will be in general parking as I mentioned in the first post.

Hope this clears up any confusion.:thumb:

It all depends how many Owners Club members are going, to get a club area inside we would need at least a dozen and we have nowhere near that. We'll wait and see what happens, If we don't get the numbers then it might well be a joint effort where we were last year. We start the advertising for the RVOC in the new year so that might change but some how I doubt it.

I was going to be away, but Ginnie has just been allocated some exam slots at that time so we will have to be in the UK, and as we are here this meet is just too good to miss so we will be there. :thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It all depends how many Owners Club members are going, to get a club area inside we would need at least a dozen and we have nowhere near that. We'll wait and see what happens, If we don't get the numbers then it might well be a joint effort where we were last year. We start the advertising for the RVOC in the new year so that might change but some how I doubt it.

I was going to be away, but Ginnie has just been allocated some exam slots at that time so we will have to be in the UK, and as we are here this meet is just too good to miss so we will be there. :thumb:
Better put me down twice:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
put me name down rory:thumb: