Sep 28, 2010
Castletownbere West Cork
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
11 years
On a recent trip to the United States ,
Tony Blair, Ex. Labour Prime Minister of the UK and now U.N. Middle East Peace Envoy, addressed a major gathering of Native American Indians.

He spoke for almost two hours on his success in bringing about a lasting peace settlement amongst the warring nations of the Middle East, likening it to the way that the U.S. Government found a suitable agreement with the North American tribes.
At the conclusion of his speech, the crowd presented him with a plaque inscribed with his new Indian name - Walking Eagle.
A very chuffed Tony then departed in his motorcade, waving to the crowds..
A news reporter later asked one of the Indians how they came to select the new name given to Tony Blair.

They explained that Walking Eagle is the name given to a bird so full of shit that it can no longer fly.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Taking a glass half full approach I do think he did a good job bringing some degree of peace to Northern Ireland. It is far from perfect over there and deep divisions still exist but at least they aren't killing each other on a daily basis.

And the story in the OP is as real as the two dogs juggling story. No native American would perpetuate that myth.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Taking a glass half full approach I do think he did a good job bringing some degree of peace to Northern Ireland. It is far from perfect over there and deep divisions still exist but at least they aren't killing each other on a daily basis.

And the story in the OP is as real as the two dogs juggling story. No native American would perpetuate that myth.

Probably because he bribed, figuratively speaking, most parties involved
Also sent out letters absolving terrorists, sorry freedom fighters, from prosecution.

What a good job he did in Iraq as well getting rid of the WMD

Yeah, im not much of a fan (n)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mogbl
Sep 28, 2010
Castletownbere West Cork
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
11 years
I first saw Tony when he attended a large meeting regarding a dispute over pay as usual. It was well before he was prime minister. I had never heard of him. It was held in a very large auditorium. I was right at the back and could hardly see him. What I could see I did not like and my overall feeling was I would not trust this bloke as far as I could throw him. My thoughts have never changed

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Taking a glass half full approach I do think he did a good job bringing some degree of peace to Northern Ireland. .

He can't really take much credit for that. He just ran with a process that was already way ahead of him. It was John Major risking all to have secret meetings with Sin Fein that brokered that deal.

Tombo

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2000
On a recent trip to the United States ,
Tony Blair, Ex. Labour Prime Minister of the UK and now U.N. Middle East Peace Envoy, addressed a major gathering of Native American Indians.
He spoke for almost two hours on his success in bringing about a lasting peace settlement amongst the warring nations of the Middle East, likening it to the way that the U.S. Government found a suitable agreement with the North American tribes.
At the conclusion of his speech, the crowd presented him with a plaque inscribed with his new Indian name - Walking Eagle.
A very chuffed Tony then departed in his motorcade, waving to the crowds..
A news reporter later asked one of the Indians how they came to select the new name given to Tony Blair.
They explained that Walking Eagle is the name given to a bird so full of shit that it can no longer fly.
I suppose envy will always be part of our culture.
It was the same when Thatcher died in the Ritz Hotel with a personal fortune of £9.5 million, not bad for a grocers daughter who was paid £40,000 for her ramblings in the US.

Tombo

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2000
been doing the rounds for at least ten years.. substitute Blair for any other politician, usually a U.S. Senator and Bob's Yer Auntie

You are very correct. Why pick on Blair when Thatcher finished her days in the Ritz paid for by her wealthy friends with a personal wealth of £9.5 million and by the way received £40,000 per speech from the guillable americans.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I do think he did a good job bringing some degree of peace to Northern Ireland.
Your having a LARF, DB! At what price did he 'achieve' this? By releasing the murderers of soldiers and RUC Officers after THREE YEARS behind bars! You can get anything you want in this life, if your prepared to sell your soul for it. Blair went further, he sold the souls of over 1000 British Soldiers. :mad:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes, but at least she was worth the money.

She was more of a than man Blair will ever be. Had double the courage and twice the conviction. Could probably grow a better mustache in November too.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
She was more of a than man Blair will ever be. Had double the courage and twice the conviction. Could probably grow a better mustache in November too.
Well Jim, she had a bigger pair of balls. (y)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
The only good thing to do with Blair would be put his head on a stake outside the Tower of London.
Total scumbag and war criminal should be brought to task for what him and Brown did to this country. I hate the b*****d and just hope he gets his just deserts one day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back