carado T132, anyone have one or one from the Carado range ??? (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I am considering changing my Elddis 115 for a Carado T132, mainly as the Carado seems better thought out for two people and also has a decent sized garage. Which I am in desperate need of for all my stuff!!! And its still just under 6 metres.

Also (short gasps) I may well get a left hand drive model as most of my driving will probably be on the continent and having done about 14K with a right hand on the continent in the Elddis, I have decided a left hooker is going to be much easier and relaxing to drive.

So does any one have experience of the Carado make ? Quality and waterproofing general quality of fit etc. Where did you get yours (nearest to Scotland ?) And what will having a left hand drive to to my resale value :( ??????

Thanks for any opinions

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
Hi We have the A366 and have had it 3 years, its about 5 years old now and I can't see us changing in a hurry. Most the parts are standard like taps etc. Ours is right hand drive. We have had no problem getting parts like new seals etc from Kimberleys who are our local agent now. The newer vans look loads better again and we would definately consider another.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Saw the latest Carado range at NEC Show & looked excellent fit & finish - part of Hymer group (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Saw the latest Carado range at NEC Show & looked excellent fit & finish - part of Hymer group (y)
Yes that's where I saw the range, really good use of space with the under fixed bed garage, but I did not really want another ally sided van, but hey ho I can't find anything with a garage under 6 metres that is GRP sided :(

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Our Chausson Best Of 04 has plastic composite panels, transverse rise & fall bed over large garage, sleeps 3/4 & is 5.99m(y) These sold out at the NEC show last year & Benimar (currently exclusive to Marquis) had the only motorhome that we saw like this at the show last month which were selling well see Broken Link Removed

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Carado are from the Hymer Group. Travelworld Motorhomes are the importers.

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Our Chausson Best Of 04 has plastic composite panels, transverse rise & fall bed over large garage, sleeps 3/4 & is 5.99m(y) These sold out at the NEC show last year & Benimar (currently exclusive to Marquis) had the only motorhome that we saw like this at the show last month which were selling well see Broken Link Removed
Very helpful alternate thanks- will definately have a look at the 201 model (y)(y):)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Glad it might be of use :) The models that Marquis supply are built for UK market so hab door on passenger side but if you are thinking of LH model then may be better to buy in Europe (lots of dealers listed in France etc) & much more range choice with 27 models! See Broken Link Removed . Don't know about the shell construction or quality compared to Carado though - we took a gamble with Chausson ( we favoured PVC over coachbuilt for longevity) as were offering 10 year when we bought but 5 year seems to be normal standard.

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Well I had a look, but could not find the 201 model on the website :( maybe its a UK export model only, there is no 2 berth over garage bed model on their website at all !!! Only a mileo 233 which is a french bed :( I will enquire as to the UK options anyway, thanks for your help(y)
Will definately take the time to compare the 2 models in the flesh in any case.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The models Marquis are selling are designed just for the UK market & exclusive to them for one year so don't match up spec wise with those on the Benimar website although this one Broken Link Removed is very similiar in layout to our Chausson & the Marquis Mileo 201. Our only experience of Marquis was at the NEC Show & one salesman knew the basics about the product but another didn't even know that Benimar are part of the Trigano group (again like Chausson) even though that was the opening sentence in the brochures on their stand! Typical of sales staff at motorhome dealerships though so nothing new:( They weren't trying hard to sell them at the Show as with the layouts & UK specification they had a lot of interest & sold like hotcakes! If they are meeting or exceeding their sales targets & with no other UK dealers as competition they may not offer the best discounts or extras foc but no harm in trying if you do find the right one (y)

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Hi Wombles I spoke to the dealers and yes I was telling them about the up/down bed arangement......it seems like they have ordered some more but I will look at the Tessoro (y)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Be good to know what you do think/find out about the Benimars & Marquis as it might help other potential buyers on here :) Don't worry if it is some time in the future as some of these threads run for years...

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
We have a 447 so not what your looking for, the only problem was the radio but top marks for our Supplies Heart of England who had to fit three different ones to get one that worked. Pity your so far away as I would recon men them top marks for after sales service. Good luck
Stan

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Well I guess Carado are not responsible for the radio :rolleyes:

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Be good to know what you do think/find out about the Benimars & Marquis as it might help other potential buyers on here :) Don't worry if it is some time in the future as some of these threads run for years...
Did have a good look at the Benimar 201.

Pros: nice finish, solidly built & good design and features. The GRO fit was well done and solid and looked very robust and leak proof. Electric hob (for on site) and grill and micro. Proper Spare tyre in large garage. Built in reversing cam.

cons: purple sink (ugh). plastic skirting well below the FIAT frame and had reduced ground clearance particularly at the back. Shower screen a heavy and ungainly difficult to operate thing needs to go in the bin. The main table is a far too large unwieldy affair and needs replacing with a removable one. I also think passengers in the 2 rear travelling seats may injure themselves on the table in the event of a collision if its left unlocked.
Marquis were difficult to deal with re a px and getting a final price and had an unhelpful attitude towards some conversions I needed and that put me off them.
I have put a deposit on a T132 instead, but had things been different with marquis I would have bought the 201 as its the best specced for a long range off grid jaunt, and junked the table and shower screen immediately and replaced them with something ligher and better and freed up loads of space in the lounge with a simple removable table.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back