WARNING !! ( to arachnophobs ) (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As mentioned in another thread this afternoon I fitted the CB radio in the MH

Also as mentioned I MUST mount the speaker up behind my right ear or as far away from Woman as possible !

Soooo
Fitted the unit under the dash.. wired the voltage side up and then connected a nice long bit of speaker wire to a plug and started running it up under the dash, aiming for the step, where I would remove the plastic and run it to the back of the cab

by this time I am loosing the light...

Soo.. wire up under the dash and across
Jumped out and started getting the wire in place to run under the step plastic

Out of the corner of my eye I just spotted a spider that must have been at the very least 4" across with a body at least 2" in size

I jumped up, banged my head, dropped the screwdriver ( of course in a hard to get to place ) and shot around the other side to get a torch.

Gingerly started poking around and then I saw it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was the other end of the bloody wire I was working with all nicely balled up and moving every time I adjusted the end I was working on :rofl::rofl:

Ever felt a total berk !!!! :Eeek: :rofl: :rofl:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Also as mentioned I MUST mount the speaker up behind my right ear or as far away from Woman as possible !
Buggar! I wish I'd thought of that mounting location, my speaker is in the centre of the dash! What kind of spider was it? Sounds cool :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
OMG John..... Did you get rid of it? I couldn't sit in there knowing it was waiting to pounce... Poor Mo.. :( I bet it's been watching you both when you are driving...

images

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Maybe it was a wirey haired copperback spider, seen many a time in motorhomes when having work done :whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Nothing like the 'scary dog in a spider suit'' on 'you tube' I nearly wet myself at that one laughing at the wusses but first impressions count don't they and a quick look then panic is the normal reaction to save time and life.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back