Lite version of MHFun ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I think I heard this discussed but can't recall the outcome, is there a lite version of MHFun ?

I'm finding it really slow to load the pages using the dongle, so much so I can't be bothered reading most posts.. even opening PMs takes ages.. :Sad:

Jim

Mrs Munchie

Funster
Jan 3, 2008
Champagnac-La-Riviere
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2004
I think I heard this discussed but can't recall the outcome, is there a lite version of MHFun ?

I'm finding it really slow to load the pages using the dongle, so much so I can't be bothered reading most posts.. even opening PMs takes ages.. :Sad:

Jim
i Jim, yes there is it should automatically know if you are using a phone and revert to the lite version. Personally I hate it and would like the option to choose which version my phone loads. Being on HSDPA or 3.5g most of the time I don't notice much speed difference and I don't like the lite format.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jim, I am working on a solution at the moment. Meanwhile on the home page, scroll down to the bottom left corner and choose "mobile" Once in, you will see that the front page doesn't render too well, but if you scroll back to the top left and choose forum things look a little slicker.

I cannot guarantee how long you will have access to that version as I am working on it, as and when, but right now it should speed you up.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks for your replies,
Changing provider wouldn't change the speed of 3g, I use both Tmobile and 3, both much the same..

I would prefer a lite version on my lappy, no bells and whistles, pictures or flashing adverts..

I guess this isn't possible as it would be counter productive for attracting advertisers, but not having it will mean I won't spend as much time on the site .. :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back