Rapido 7090 blown air heating (1 Viewer)

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Evening all,
I've just turned on the heating and I'm getting a real good flow of air out of all the vents apart from the one by the foot well. This one has hardly any air coming out.
As far as I can see all the pipes are connected as they should be but as the pipes run under the floor and there doesn't seem to be any access to them it's hard to be sure.
Any suggestions?

I did have a thought that may be it should have a lower flow because the thermostat is above the door, but I'm pretty sure that last winter the flow was a lot stronger.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Close all the other vents and see if the increased pressure blows out the family of field mice!

Other duct blocking items are available!

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
If you shine a torch into the vent you should be able to see if the ducting is attached.
The ducting can shrink back and detach from the vent due to the heat, if not secured to the vent by a screw.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
You should be able to see the duct if you take out your drawer under the fridge.
IMG_0107-XL.jpg

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
If it is OK below the fridge then it must have come off at the boiler, there are four outlets have you checked them all?
two facing the front and two facing the shower

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I would say it is the one in the foregound that leaves the boiler out of a front facing outlet.
Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Scattycat

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
I would say it is the one in the foregound that leaves the boiler out of a front facing outlet.
Broken Link Removed
Yep, that was the first thig I did.
As I said, they all seem to be attached.
All I can think is it is the Y shaped connection under the floor at the foot of the bed. I've taken out the under bed drawers but can't get to the forward end of the connection.
I thought taking out the front of the step from the kitchen to the back of the van but I can't see how that can be done without dismantling the bathroom wall because it looks as though the step was put in before the bathroom and kitchen wall, ( good old Rapido)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
As you can see there are three ducts going under the shower
1 must do the two bed outlets
1 must do the garage/toilet
1 the door way
clearly there must be more than 1 Y or T and as you say Rapido built it pretty sh!t

I imagine myself that the doorway one will come off the toilet outlet.
Dismantling the sink unit so you can get the base out might reveal a Y or T

OP
OP
Scattycat

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
As you can see there are three ducts going under the shower
1 must do the two bed outlets
1 must do the garage/toilet
1 the door way
clearly there must be more than 1 Y or T and as you say Rapido built it pretty sh!t

I take it that on your's that the air flow from the vent by the door is as strong as the other vents.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes it is pretty good but the toilet one is always red hot.
Have you tried closing the garage one? it just causes condensation in there anyway

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I am right at this moment testing mine and I can confirm that the one by the door is linked to the toilet one as closing the toilet doubles the output of the other.
I would say that the foreground pipe I mentioned is doing the outlet below the cooking area so the toilet and door must be off the nearest rear facing boiler outlet

OP
OP
Scattycat

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
I am right at this moment testing mine and I can confirm that the one by the door is linked to the toilet one as closing the toilet doubles the output of the other.
I would say that the foreground pipe I mentioned is doing the outlet below the cooking area so the toilet and door must be off the nearest rear facing boiler outlet

Thanks for that,
Since my last posting I've been playing around with opening and closing various vents to change the flow.
If I close all but the door vent and the heating is on its start up fast blowing I do now get a reasonably flow of hot air from it, but opening the toilet and the kitchen one it drops so I can Yardly feel it.
Even with all the other vents closed it's nothing like the kitchen one that virtually burns your toes if you're standing by it.
Later this morning, working on the basis that, as you say the door and toilet run off the same pipe, I'm also assuming that the garage one does as well so I'm going to try and run a plastic coated wire up the pipe to see if I can clear anything that 'might' be up there reducing the flow, although I can't think what, as there are no signs of mice anywhere in the van although Lin asked if I thought it could be spiders spinning a web. LOL that'll help us sleep at night, the thought of giant spiders coming out of the heating ducts while we sleep

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Try a blow back. Disconnected the outlet from the boiler first, then put a high powered hair dryer against the vent and blow back down the pipe???? Might do something if the air blows from the other direction. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Scattycat

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Well, I've poked, prodded and wriggled a wire up the pipe from the garage towards the bathroom and something seems to have happened because the flow now from the vent by the door seems a little better, but I'm still not sure it's as good as it was when we were away last winter.
If push comes to shove and I can't improve it then I might take a "T" off the vent behind the drivers seat and feed it to the other side of the habitation door because that vent is nearly as strong as the one in the kitchen and that's more than powerful enough.

Anyway thanks for all your tips and advice folks, much appreciated

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back