Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since October 07 but Caravanning since 1972
Hi all
I want to buy my grand daughter a camera now there are two I have in mind the Nikon S210 and the Fine pix f40fd any one any thoughts on these cameras please
Maureen

OP
OP
MaureenD

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
hi Stagman
Thanks for that link so glad I asked as the Nikon has the best features for me.
Thanks
Maureen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
What kind of photography will your grand daughter use it for? If its just general snapshots then any digital camera with better than 3MegaPixels will be fine. If she's into photography then you need to consider what is her main type of subject. Fuji cameras tend to be biased towards blue green and are therefore generally favoured for landscape work. Kodak and Nikon are biased towards red and yellow and are therefore generally considered to be better for portrait and people work.

D.

OP
OP
MaureenD

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks for that dave very interesting she would be more likely to take portrait photos she is 13 and very keen to learn I have the Nikon d80 and she shows great interest
Thanks Maureen

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi all
I want to buy my grand daughter a camera now there are two I have in mind the Nikon S210 and the Fine pix f40fd any one any thoughts on these cameras please
Maureen

If you want her to learn photography I'd say neither. Get her one with an optical viewfinder so she can frame the shots with a steady grip rather than holding out a wobbling camera like the standard Japanese tourist.

Here is an example, I do not know the camera but I am delighted with my trusty Fuji 9500 and we've had a previous one that gave good service:
Cheap Fuji Finepix E500 BRAND NEW - discounts & offers

Brian.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back