Dogs (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
What is it with dogs in Spain There is lots of them I know because all I can hear at night is constant yapping. I know because the pavements are full of dog litter but I've just seen puppy's for sale in a supermarket WTF

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Quite often the family will buy a puppy for a small child but when the puppy gets bigger they load it into the car, drive it miles from"Home" and dump it. Not a lot of rescue homes in Spain, I have just got a new to me female dog from one of the rescue centres in Spain, she was picked up as a stray and taken to the "Killing shed" they kill dogs every Friday (I have been told) she was just 4 days from death.

Spain, I am sorry to say, has a different way with dogs, to be fair it is improving...but slowly :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
s a different way with dogs
Bullocks!

They treat them terribly as well. They put them in a ring with a guy called a Gondolier, who waves a calzoncillos rojos at them, until they get very angry, then they stab them with a pair of cuchillo y tenedor.

See. And you though I was stupido.......:)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think it varies, depending on location. I rented a house a few years ago on the north coast and we were surrounded by large, chained up, barking dogs. Found the same in the Algarve, Portugal, but in other areas of Spain on our recent trip we were not bothered by dogs.

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
It's a different culture, remember the old advert "A dog is for life not Christmas" That wasn't long ago!! There was obviously a need to tell people what to most of us is obvious. Martin

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
If anyone is interested in helping adopt dogs from abroad in these countries, Dawnb can probably help. . . . and DuxdeLuxe has loads of beautiful dogs in this country that need help in the local charity kennels. Wouldn't it be nice to have a dog of the week photo ... that needs a good home .. just asking. :whistle:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
If anyone is interested in helping adopt dogs from abroad in these countries, Dawnb can probably help. . . . and DuxdeLuxe has loads of beautiful dogs in this country that need help in the local charity kennels. Wouldn't it be nice to have a dog of the week photo ... that needs a good home .. just asking. :whistle:
WHAT A LOVELY IDEA! Joy. May I start the ball rolling??

FREE TO GOOD HOME. Young bitch, Lotti. Owned by deceased elderly gentleman, semi-house trained, but used to a harness. Eats very little, but drinks quite heavily. Lotti has been allowed to wander alone at night, but has usually been picked up by a passing male motorist. She would be suited to a home with a very strict regime. She has been prescribed various drugs.

CONTACT. The Bertie Bassett Dogs Home in the first instance. :)

drug.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back