LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Definitely worth a try.... I love veggies and fruit so it might work - although I also love sweet stuff!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We eat mostly Mediterranean-style food.

Lots of vegetables cooked in tomato-based sauces served with rice or pasta. We're having Moroccan stew tonight.

My heart's in pretty good shape for my age although the rest of me is falling apart :)

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
I agree with the Mediterranean diet theory, but our problem is getting through the 'Bread Trap' that is France on our way to Spain, all those wonderful Patisseries on the Side of the road just can't be passed without temptation, and then you have to do it all again on the way home :smiley: :smiley:
We probably do loose weight when we are down there, in fact I know we do, loads of salad ,veg , fruit etc.
Perhaps we should start using the Santander ferry :winky:

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
When in the Loire Atlantique coast this September we lived on a diet of wild Oysters I picked off the rocks, French bread, and red wine.
Lost 3 stone, sex life went ballistic, local women went crazy for me, then I woke up and ate a curry with naan and lime pickle washed down with beer.
Still its nice to dream.
Phil

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The Mediterranean diet has never worked for me. I put around 2 stones on when in Spain normally. Maybe its something to do with a couple of G&Ts before a 4 course menu del dia with a compulsory bottle of red every afternoon. Have tried my good old English diet today of cornflakes for breakfast followed by a couple of ham sandwiches for lunch and steak and a handful of chips for evening meal and feel much better although am now starving.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Poached eggs are easy peasy and the pan is much easier to clean than after a fried egg.
Low in calories too, about 150 in an egg. My way of making a poached egg is bring some water to the boil, to which you can add white wine vinegar if you want, take off the heat and when it is still, crack the egg in and then return to the heat and keep on the lowest possible simmer, just a bubble every now and again, for about three and a half minutes. Result should be a perfect soft poached egg. Bigger or smaller eggs will take more or less time.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Exactly how I do it DBK. Love poached eggs thoughtfully left for us by "the girls"... aka "your **** hens".

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Having read this am of the opinion that all you egg fryers are based south of the Blue Boar, so have no idea how to fry an egg. Real men just drop em in the chip pan after the chips are done :D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back