overnighter north of Almafra ? (1 Viewer)

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Leaving here tomorrow heading north any recommendations 2 to 3 hours north of here possibly coastal seaside resort ?
Also why I'm here and have your attention shall I just stick to the coast head back into France ? Would like to see millau bridge on way back and must go see some war cemetery's the oh tells me.

As always thanks for any advice Paul

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi

It's about 100 miles to El Saler which has a camperstop, nice and secure and a bus stop to valencia if that floats your boat but not much else.

Martin

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If you want to be really helpful......

How about having a stop over here and give us more feedback ready for our Funster rally next March ???
I have not been here but we have 30 Funster planning to go...
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you want to be really helpful......

How about having a stop over here and give us more feedback ready for our Funster rally next March ???
I have not been here but we have 30 Funster planning to go...
Broken Link Removed

Hi Steve, we were in Pensicola earlier this year and cycled down the front to Benicarlo and right into Camping Algeria, right in just to be nosey, it looked fine lots of Brits and a big Boule thing going on most days from talking to some of the regulars who seemed friendly enough.

Martin

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks Martin..
It's all sounding good so far, can't wait subject to the old ticker problem being sorted.. :)

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Being helpful I have just booked onto camping Algeria update later

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
OK on the approach road there is a massive Carrefour about 2 miles away also an Aldi and lots of other shops. Road to site a little tight so take care sights a tad tight too but I managed OK at just over 8mtr. Nice young girl checked us in €14.28 euro for the night no electric €2 for WiFi. Now I said oh I have ACSI card she said yes that's fine taps away on PC that be €16 so you can guess which option I paid. Pitch nice and wide with a tap and bowl for washing etc but not very long I'm overhanging a good few feet. Were at the front of site so through a gate across some scrubland your on beach. I turned right walked to Peniscola it was shut lol. Included in the camping price is free drink in bar we popped in pretty busy few locals and the long termers. Monday must be egg day everyone left with eggs we just had the one drink and left white wine was shiiiiite and the bar wasn't our thing to be fair. In morning I'll update you on facilitys.

Now I keep staring at maps etc best way home or let's say Millau from here like to avoid tolls too. Is Andorra worth a stopover OK crossing the mountains there ?
Cheers Paul

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Update showers toilets great best shower I have had this trip don't expect 5 star hotel but perfectly acceptable and clean. I was confused last night we walked to benicarlo not Penisacola sorry still closed though. Local told me no English bars in area but some nice places in town.

Very hot today in no hurry to move
IMG_20141118_111025.jpg
IMG_20141118_111053.jpg

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
They are also making 20 new large pitches on a joining property construction underway now

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks on feedback, it all helps for the people (and me) who plan to visit in 2015...
Good news on the new pitches, hopefully should be done ready for our rally....

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Eventually left at 4.30 now in Andorra as we left a fruit and veg man had set up near the bar as he does every Tuesday

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back