Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi

Sometimes on Fun I have seen discussions about suitable sites to stay at that are within range of London. We have stayed at C&CC Hertford a couple of times but I always thought it was too far from the train station to be any good.

We stayed over the weekend though and had to walk down to the station. I was surprised that it took only 22 minutes from pitch to station, and thats walking at 'wife speed'.

You can get a train direct from Hertford East to Liverpool street.

Hope this might be useful to any poor soul being dragged off for the dreaded Christmas shopping!

Paul

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Try CC at Chrystal Palace. Station is just across the road and its also a major bus terminal

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
A good tip for those not blessed with LEZ compliant MHs Paul!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheDeckKing

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Voyager 2 coachbui
Exp
We've booked Abbey Wood CC site for February half term next year. Supposed to be an easy train ride into London from there. It's on the LEZ so a good job our Baz is petrol

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
We used to use the Crystal Palace CC site, loved it, good bus service into Westminster, 30 mins, and then along came the dreaded LEZ. Havn,t used it since we got a huge fine, after my threatening to take them all to court got let off with a warning. Too risky to try again.
Phil

nelly

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
HI
I was told Crystal Palace is closing or closed alreadNelly

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Try Broken Link Removed easy walk to the station which is on the East Coast main line with trains into Kings Cross. Alternatively if you don't mind a longer walk to the station or paying for a taxi, the CC's Wyatts Covert site is just off the M25 and is not in the LEZ.
Ezee

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Crystal Palace is still open and to the best of my knowledge is staying open. We used it a couple of weeks back as it is really convenient and cheap to get into London with our bus passes.

nelly

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
Sister in law who used to live nearby told me it was closing but have just read it is not until 2018 sorry

Nelly

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We've booked Abbey Wood CC site for February half term next year. Supposed to be an easy train ride into London from there. It's on the LEZ so a good job our Baz is petrol

We were there a couple of weeks ago - good tip for us was to use the free Woolwich ferry instead of the Dartford Crossing. Puts you about 4 mile from the site.

It's a 5/10 min walk to the station. Trains are every few mins, 25 mins into London Bridge. We pre purchased our travelcard tickets. Think buses are close by too.

Very easy and a nice site - would go again.(y)

Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
We use Crystal Palace a lot for both visiting parents and going to Rugby matches. Crystal Palace station is a good 15 min walk either through the park in daylight or following the road at night, but it is a very steep hill to climb back up to the site. Mind you - living in Cambs, who are we to judge hills as we get a nosebleed just climbing the kerb! The café at the station is very good, if a little pricey. Last weekend we were parked up at the very bottom level of the site and watched 3 or 4 large rats chase the squirrels around, so don't leave anything outside (plus the place is alive with foxes). Bus 3 goes from outside the site to Oxford Circus through Brixton and can be slow (took me an over an hour to get to the Imperial War Museum (6 miles away)from the site last Friday).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back