Suicidal 4x4's (1 Viewer)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Sorry about the thread title, couldn't resist it!
Anyway, I captured this little incident on dashcam yesterday. These types of driver really annoy me, a motorhome takes a lot of stopping. He nearly had 4 tonnes of camper in his boot.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Sorry about the thread title, couldn't resist it!
Anyway, I captured this little incident on dashcam yesterday. These types of driver really annoy me, a motorhome takes a lot of stopping. He nearly had 4 tonnes of camper in his boot.

What a moron

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
You should have followed him until he stopped!.(y)

Nothing like a good punch-up on *FUNTUBE*..:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Almost afraid to ask but what camera was used ?
The footage I get from mine is perfectly smooth but that was pretty jerky !

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
The original footage is completely smooth, for some reason when I cropped the video in movie make, it went all jerky. To answer the question, it's a Nextbase 302, sadly the GPS part of it hadn't registered, we had only just set off, so speed is not shown in the clip.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Mine would be a bit 'jerky' John, if that happened to me!! If it had been my old Hymer, then it would now be wearing that truck as a bonnet mascot.....

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Just watched it What a pillock. Nice horn by the way:)

Very true and I also noticed that the pillock ended up on the wrong side of the road as he screamed into the junction, bunch of dead cyclists, mum and four kids dead? You never know do you.

oldmanriver

Free Member
May 24, 2013
gillingham kent
Funster No
MH
autotrail comanche
Exp
im a newbie
happens all the time round the M25 thought was normal these days

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
No 4x4' drivers think they're driving a bleeding tank which in some cases they are But it means they take more chances than your average motorist except that is white van man who's a lunatic at the best of times

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Why pick on 4x4's Some of us need a go anywhere tow vehicle. It could just as easily have been a car or whitevan man and generally is.

And it's not just motorhomes they cut up. Had the same thing happen on the way home yesterday. We overtook a young man on the motorway, he obviously thought we had insulted his manhood and came screaming past us only to cut in and off at the next junction - closely perused by a police car :)

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Why pick on 4x4's Some of us need a go anywhere tow vehicle. It could just as easily have been a car or whitevan man and generally is.
I was being deliberately argumentative :D
It was easy because it was a 4x4 that did it.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I do get sick of the anti 4x4 brigade its a vehicle suited to anyplace not just the countryside, it gives a super high vantage point which has to be better and generally a chassis which makes it safer, yet generally driven with care and people expect us to park anywhere. I tow boats and cattle trailers, horse boxes as well as general trailers so would not be without mine in town or country. I really fail to see the objections make any sense.
I used to think it was jealosy now I'm not so sure.

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
I do get sick of the anti 4x4 brigade its a vehicle suited to anyplace not just the countryside, it gives a super high vantage point which has to be better and generally a chassis which makes it safer, yet generally driven with care and people expect us to park anywhere. I tow boats and cattle trailers, horse boxes as well as general trailers so would not be without mine in town or country. I really fail to see the objections make any sense.

I agree with you, but it's the stupid drivers of said vehicles (they seem to attract more than their fair share of pillocks)

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
And lest we not forget, a large number of us on here have been towed out of mud when we get our motorhomes stuck (myself included).
I should point out that that I not actually anti 4x4, I am anti-muppet. :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back