Free Member
Nov 11, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie November 2014
First trip out, do you prep the loo with water and chemicals before you set off or when you arrive on site, sorry first of many questions

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
First trip out, do you prep the loo with water and chemicals before you set off or when you arrive on site, sorry first of many questions

Entirely your choice........... depends on whether or not you need a poo on the way there:eek:;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Neither now, we have SOG ( do a search ) but most thrifty non-SOGs just put a splash of BIO washing liquid in before use.

Water ? That is fed from the main water supply on ours.

The BIG question really is poo and open or open and poo. I maintain, open, cover hole with paper to prevent skidmarks then poo. Any length poos cater for.

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Doesnt matter but as Terry said, easier to do when the cassette has just been emptied...saves taking it out again later when it could be raining, dark etc.

You seem to be talking about a different system to ours.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The BIG question really is poo and open or open and poo. I maintain, open, cover hole with paper to prevent skidmarks then poo. Any length poos cater for.

That seems a waste of time and paper to me, unless you only deposit one turd at a sitting.

First turd hits paper, paper and turd disappear into cassette, side of bowl then unprepared for successive turds.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You don't need to take the cassette out of a standard Thetford to add chemicals or water. Are we taking different loos here ?
I see what you mean but it will depend on what chems you use.

Thetford blue will severly stain anything it hits....including your hands while dispensing and the toilet bowl.

Upvote 0
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Ahem! Gentlemen.............

This has become a serious thread hijack (well, NOT serious! that's my point) :eek:

I would imagine the OP regrets asking the question now (er, smiley's have gone!)

Upvote 0

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Definitely always before... you don't want to be doing ANYTHING for the first time "in public"! Also, as said above, being 'prepared' caters for emergencies on the way, & avoids having to prepare in bad weather or dark.
You don't need to take the cassette out of a standard Thetford to add chemicals or water
No, this can be done with the cassette in place, but ours DOES ask for 2 litres of water + 60 ml blue (or equivalent) in the cassette as well as full + 60 ml pink in the tank

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Mention loo and you'll soon get rhyming posts!

You can put liquid or powder ( which I use) in the cassette when you've emptied it or pour into the toilet with the cover open, then close it. If you use the loo without anything in it, it don't do any harm. Just either add liquid/powder when you're parked up or empty cassette and then add.
Just remember to keep the little disc closed across when not in use.

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
That seems a waste of time and paper to me, unless you only deposit one turd at a sitting.

First turd hits paper, paper and turd disappear into cassette, side of bowl then unprepared for successive turds.
I now have a vision etched in my mind, that can never be undone :tmi:

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We wash the loo after each empty and refill with the chemicals, that way its always ready to use. We recently bought the happy bowls someone mentioned on a past thread but we haven't used them yet.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
We wash the loo after each empty and refill with the chemicals, that way its always ready to use. We recently bought the happy bowls someone mentioned on a past thread but we haven't used them yet.
An even more extravagant waste of money.....may as well shit in a paper bag and have done with it.

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

You need to improve your bowel performance.

Once enormous great bowel movement is all that needed.

Upvote 0

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
We chem up whenever we empty.. ours is only a portapotty tho.. no posh cassette for us lol

Upvote 0
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
SOG = Horrible stink for anyone parked next to you. Who on earth would choose to live next to a sewage treatment plant
Empty your cassette daily and add chemical or detergent ready for your next 'session'

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back