Ducato Door Lock Covers (1 Viewer)

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Does anyone know where I can get the covers that go over the goor locks on a van. Some scroat tried to get in the van sometime this week and damaged the lock and door panel. I thought I saw them at a show last year but, can't remeber the seller.

Thanks in advance

OP
OP

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks for that, but it's the drivers door lock that has been buggered. I need the covers that go over them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for that, but it's the drivers door lock that has been buggered. I need the covers that go over them.

do you mean the cab lock or the hab door lock? which type of hadle on the cab....flat pull plate or a proper handle?
do you mean the covers that go over the handle and lock in place ?
Link Removed

Oooops just re-read your post....which type of lock/handle is fitted.
mine has the flat pull plate and i dont think you can get covers for that type.

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Does anyone know where I can get the covers that go over the goor locks on a van. Some scroat tried to get in the van sometime this week and damaged the lock and door panel. I thought I saw them at a show last year but, can't remeber the seller.

Thanks in advance
I suspect its a fiat part only Dave, and may not be available separately:Doh:
Geo

Oct 25, 2008
Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Frankia FF2
Exp
since 1999
try Armaplate

We had armaplate lock covers fitted about 4 years ago to our fiat 2.8. Good visible deterrent. See Link Removed for info.
We got them fitted by Link Removed, a little extra but we're sure worth it.
We also use a Clutch Claw and removable steering wheel - all visible deterents. If they don't work the alarm and tracker should help!!
Good luck

Last edited:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Confirm the Armaplate suggestion - do get them fitted - can be a bit tricky on some models.
Link Removed

Link Removed

:Smile:
Keith

sirhandel

Free Member
Nov 28, 2008
Chippenham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Does the Armaplate, when fitted, prevent entry by smashing the quarter light and opening the door from inside, as a deadlock does?

Thanks

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Does the Armaplate, when fitted, prevent entry by smashing the quarter light and opening the door from inside, as a deadlock does?

Thanks

See FAQs
Link Removed

They can still break the window !

Yes this is true. Although they have unfortunately broken the window, the cost of the repair for the window is far cheaper and can be replaced within one hour and possibly no down time is lost. If there are damaged doors to the vehicle, the cost of repairs and paintwork to the doors is expensive, and also the van will be in workshop repair for 2 to 3 days - this can lead to down time and loss of revenue. Irrespective of the above, breaking windows is extremely uncommon since it makes so much noise and attracts unwanted attention.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back