LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
If I were younger, I would fancy John Bishop .. honest.. Really like him.. pity he's joined the bandwagon of swearing to get a laugh, now that he has made it... I admired him once for not doing that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: kcy

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Crumbs, getting confusing on here tonight.... wrong thread, wrong title, need a brain ..:)

Reactions: kcy
OP
OP
kcy

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
I'm always confused. Havent a clue what I'm doing. dont understand.
JBs swearing really wasn't bad and when he did it was appropriate. He also resqued a pig and the RSPCA came round to see if his place was suitable for a pig to live in.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
A few years ago I was talked into going to see a Roy Chubby Brown concert. Now he could swear. Unfortunately his humour was worse. A wasted evening for me but John Bishop I would be happy to go and see.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Billy T James and Kevin "Bloody" Wilson, Norman Gunston too , gentle ,ironic, funny!

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
A few years ago I was talked into going to see a Roy Chubby Brown concert. Now he could swear. Unfortunately his humour was worse. A wasted evening for me but John Bishop I would be happy to go and see.

Back then when i was an innocent teenager... it was (crude) funni...

I saw him a few times in the eighty's (RCB) when he had strippers as the support act "Rugby club mens nights".. so to speak... A big contrast to the Two Ronnies etc on the tele at the time - he stopped with the strippers when he realised he appealed to (some of) the fairer sex too...

Today... would I ..... Nawh!...

Prefer more sophisticated humour these days... (unless pished of course!.. then it's a free for all).. :)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Er....Is he a real Bishop?? o_O

Like, Bishop John?

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
if bish used the same act as Cardiff show did he use the hands in the shower that he had on stage to join the mile high club lol ray

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
We are going to see him in December and my daughter and her partner are going to Manchester to see him with free tickets from 'Tickets for troops' and her seats are better than our paid ones! I don't begrudge him.
The best Liverpool comedian is Ken Dodd-never swears and should be knighted.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
We are going to see him in December and my daughter and her partner are going to Manchester to see him with free tickets from 'Tickets for troops' and her seats are better than our paid ones! I don't begrudge him.
The best Liverpool comedian is Ken Dodd-never swears and should be knighted.

:DStan Boardman's:D the man. I still curl up watching the 'germans bombing the chipppy' sketch. You Tube is your friend!
Saw him live..............never swore once, the audience was fairly difficult to please soldiers who were rolling in the aisles.(y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Saw Lee Evans last week in Liverpool and ended up leaving 15 mins before the end as the language was just over the top and not called for.
Well, what did you expect in Liverpool!! (y)(y) Anyway, you go and see these guys knowing what they will be coming out with, it's what 95% of the paying public want.

Er, was your car still there??:)

geoffles

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Trafford Park
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Well, what did you expect in Liverpool!! (y)(y) Anyway, you go and see these guys knowing what they will be coming out with, it's what 95% of the paying public want.

Er, was your car still there??:)

Sadly it wasnt what i expected, not sure why being in Liverpool would make a difference. I have seen Lee Evans twice before in Manchester and he didnt use half the language, there is an acceptable amount i expect but so many people said the same thing it was just boring to fill spaces with.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I read somewhere that comedians 'tailor' their language to different cities/towns/venues. Liverpool, and Newcastle seem to be at the bottom of the list for some strange, unknown reason, as it is well known that Liverpool, (city of culture), is very effluent......(y)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I read somewhere that comedians 'tailor' their language to different cities/towns/venues. Liverpool, and Newcastle seem to be at the bottom of the list for some strange, unknown reason, as it is well known that Liverpool, (city of culture), is very effluent......(y)

Sensible head on:Having worked a few years in Liverpool in the nineties I was surprised just how soon I got to like working there. Generous people for the most part. Sensible head orf.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sensible head on:Having worked a few years in Liverpool in the nineties I was surprised just how soon I got to like working there. Generous people for the most part. Sensible head orf.
I knew I had met you before!! Walking down Upper Parliment Street wearing a cardboard box over your head. Did your work there relate to the removal of peoples hubcaps??

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I knew I had met you before!! Walking down Upper Parliment Street wearing a cardboard box over your head. Did your work there relate to the removal of peoples hubcaps??

Substitute knee for hub and you've got it constable!:sneaky:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Typical. I always make friends with thugs and villains.....Now a footpad, it seems. :(:(

No pads are so 1880's it's spray administered directly into the nostril now(allegedly)...................and gone Zzzzzzzz. Bugger not another gassing thread!:mad:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
DON'T WAKE HIM UP!! My God, Little Buttons has only been asleep an hour! :Eeek:

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
its 2014 bish shows sell out no ticking sticks on stage in his show you do not have to go to his shows and Liverpool people are great and like Liverpool people Newcastle are full of fun one life live it lol ray

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back