Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
oh dear are we the only ones with a elddis . its our first one and we love it . shes a autostratus F B on a peugeot ,exactly the same as a compass castaway.:RollEyes: we live in it for 9 months of the year and have just got a smart car to drag behind her. :thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
NO, we have an Elddis Autoquest 100 - bit smaller than yours. Our first MH, bought nearly 2 and a half years ago when it was just over 2 years old.

We don't spend as much time in it as you do in yours but definitely wouldn't be without it - and no thoughts of changing it.

Graham

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
oh dear are we the only ones with a elddis . its our first one and we love it . shes a autostratus F B on a peugeot ,exactly the same as a compass castaway.:RollEyes: we live in it for 9 months of the year and have just got a smart car to drag behind her. :thumb:

There's nothing wrong in being unique....:Cool:::bigsmile:

I'm sure there a loads more on here...Just you wait.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 30, 2008
South Beds
Funster No
Exp
27yrs ish
oh dear are we the only ones with a elddis . its our first one and we love it . shes a autostratus F B on a peugeot ,exactly the same as a compass castaway.:RollEyes: we live in it for 9 months of the year and have just got a smart car to drag behind her. :thumb:[/QUOTE
Glad you are happy with the FB. We have the RG version. We have Elddis owners club friends with a FB that has leeked, as has ours; and been back to the factory for rebuild. However, geat van and layout, pity they don't make them any more. Also have friends with the Compass Castaway thet suffered leeks.-- also mended back at the factory--- so watch yours!!
What year is it?
and whoose tow bar have you had fitted. Am interested.
Best wishes.

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
We have an Autostratus 2000 EB and we love it, had it 4 yrs now its the millenium edition with the bike rack that pulls out fitted under the the back. We have a tow bar but we have taken it off due to overweight problems .

Val

Last edited:

sirhandel

Free Member
Nov 28, 2008
Chippenham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp

Wife & I are MH newbies this year - bought a 2006 Elddis Sunseeker 130 (5 berth) on Peugeot base. Great MH for the price and would love to spend 9 mths like you on the road but need something bigger maybe in a year or two - need to sell the house first.

Hopesy

Free Member
Nov 5, 2008
South Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Got an Elddis Sunseeker 115, had it for just over a year now and we're very happy:Smile:. Bought for the value for money and the layout. Used it loads but not for 9 months at a time i think work might complain:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
oh dear are we the only ones with a elddis . its our first one and we love it . shes a autostratus F B on a peugeot ,exactly the same as a compass castaway.:RollEyes: we live in it for 9 months of the year and have just got a smart car to drag behind her. :thumb:[/QUOTE
Glad you are happy with the FB. We have the RG version. We have Elddis owners club friends with a FB that has leeked, as has ours; and been back to the factory for rebuild. However, geat van and layout, pity they don't make them any more. Also have friends with the Compass Castaway thet suffered leeks.-- also mended back at the factory--- so watch yours!!
What year is it?
and whoose tow bar have you had fitted. Am interested.
Best wishes.
sorry colliezack only just read your message . we had the tow bar fitted at west country motor homes, nothing on it to say who did it. the year of the van is 04 , and yes it did leek and had to go back to the factory . fingers crossed its been o,k for the last year. we love the lay out of the van and it drives very well . just had air suspension fitted so shes higher from the ground now so no more grounding when we go on the ferries . haveing said all that ,we will not buy a elddis again . because of all the problems with leeks

S

sujole

Deleted User
We have an Elddis Autostratus CK2000 4 berth on a Peugeot chassis bought last september. We have yet to take it out for a trip but can't wait. By the way, I thought the bike rack under the rear was standard as well as the satellite dish on the roof.

John & Suzanne

G

Gomez

Deleted User
And Us

We got a 2006 Elddis Suntor 140 on a 2.2 hdi Peugeot Love it. ::bigsmile:

thepadster

Free Member
Apr 19, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
not long in this one
elddis

HI just bought uor first MH to see how we get on with it , its a 1991 elddis autoquest 320 , so far so good all seems good to me .

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Is the Elddis a Welsh van????? They seems to have LEEKS rather than LEAKS :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
leek.jpg

LEEK
Clear_Purple_Drop-1.jpg

LEAK
:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Sorry could not resist it.

aande

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
Funster No
elddis Autoquest 120

I purchased my Elddis in Jul 08. I have since travelled to John O Groats, France, Spain and Ireland. (6,000 miles) I blew the rear foglight in France, and lost the air vent on the roof, both of which I have replaced.

There are no leaks - so far - and I have not suffered any judder in reverse gear which I have had to use on occasion! On the single track roads that I have ventured on.

I am taking the van in for its annual habitation check in June and have asked for the following fixes:

1. The rubberised hinges on the glass lid to the sink to be secured.

2. Fix the leak on the cold water fill to the sink.

3. Replace the 'O' ring and tighten the loose tap on the wash basin.

This is my first motorhome so I don't have much experience but I have thoroughly enjoyed all my journeys - it is pleasure to drive - and I certainly would not have wanted anything bigger when I drove through the back streets of Barcelona and in the country in Ireland!

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi we have a 06 130 autoquest had for a year very happy with it been to France belgium lux, germ and switzerland last summer and spent 2 weeks in outer hebrides this easter had 1900k on it when we bought last june now has 7000.

Gerry

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
Have an Elddis Autoquest 130 bought in Oct 2007.
Now done 7700 miles and been over to Germany with no problems encountered at all.
Where did I go wrong?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Nowt wrong with Elddis. We've had ours nearly three years. Had a good look at other vans at Newark and Peterborough shows and never saw anything to tempt us to change it.

Graham

madozz

Free Member
Feb 18, 2009
widnes
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 week
well we have bought one

hi there
after a long time thinking about changing from caravaning to m/home we have done it just bought a 1998 eldiss autostratus ck in need of some work(some) first job is the interior.the last owners had a few pets as we found out later as we drove the 200 miles home with the heaters on the smell not to worry we thought we had bought a bargin .we took up the carpet bined it had the interior steamed cleaned so we are on the look out for some seats and cushions but not to worry so if there is any funsters
out there who know any good breakers just let me in on the info .
best regards john and teena:thumb:

daps

Free Member
May 24, 2009
Cambridgeshire. UK
Funster No
Exp
A few Months
Hi...
We pick our Elddis 115 Sunseeker up on Thursday.. Never driven anything larger than a car before. What I'm not looking forward to is the journey from the dealer to home... About 25 miles on M25. I suppose nothing like jumping in at the deep end.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Welcome Daps, hope you enjoy your van as much as we enjoy ours.

Don't worry about driving, just take it steady.

As far as the M25 goes it's just a matter of looking out for dispsticks, same as in a car :Smile:

Graham

daps

Free Member
May 24, 2009
Cambridgeshire. UK
Funster No
Exp
A few Months
Thanks for the welcome Graham. I think you are right about the dipsticks out there.
Hopefully collect it midday so traffic shouldn't be that bad.
Regards
Alan

madozz

Free Member
Feb 18, 2009
widnes
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 week
hi there
after a long time thinking about changing from caravaning to m/home we have done it just bought a 1998 eldiss autostratus ck in need of some work(some) first job is the interior.the last owners had a few pets as we found out later as we drove the 200 miles home with the heaters on the smell not to worry we thought we had bought a bargin .we took up the carpet bined it had the interior steamed cleaned so we are on the look out for some seats and cushions but not to worry so if there is any funsters
out there who know any good breakers just let me in on the info .
best regards john and teena:thumb:
just come back from first outing in anglesey spot on m/h was a joy to drive plenty of room no hasle seting up just plug in and have a beer .the site we stoped on {blackthorn farm } well what can i say but very good the oners richard audrey and nigel tuke were the perfect host the weather helped as well .
best regards john and teena

DD1804

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Peterborough area
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Aug 07
1999 Autostratus EB SE

Hi all

Been around on site for a while now but first input on forum - have found lots of useful info here on all sorts of things!!

Bought our Autostratus (affectionately known as HaRVey) August 07 and have enjoyed lots of outings around the UK.

First m/h but have done the touring/static vans in the past. Love this though and find this m/h perfect for us (mainly just the 2 of us + dog).

Have bought lots of (essential :roflmto:) extra's - lastest a drive-away awning as daughter accompanying us on summer hols in July and extra room handy to store stuff.

Bye for now

MD (DD1804's better half:ROFLMAO:)

daps

Free Member
May 24, 2009
Cambridgeshire. UK
Funster No
Exp
A few Months
Just got back from Scotland on our first trip. Boy, did it rattle and vibrate.. Eventually
we managed to quieten things down by wrapping things up in that rubber/silicon stuff, still a little noisy than what I thought it would be. Even the window strut things had to be wrapped
up to stop an annoying vibration. Other than that we are pleased with the home. Learning to live with it now.

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
Elvis is an Elddis !!

We bought our 1st MH last Nov and it is an Elddis autoquest 400 on a pug base and we love him! We have been out nearly every weekend since, in fact our first stop over was a trip to Birmingham (pals birthday) the day we picked him up in Sussex!

We only popped into the showroom just to get an idea of what the prices would be and an hour later we had bought him! Out of all of them there and there were loads, it was he who got our attention, we loved the U-shape lounge (shame so few new ones have the U shape now)!!! We love sleeping in the quiff too!

My hubby thinks I need help cos I love Elvis so much! :ROFLMAO:

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
no leaks!

Our Eliddis is 6 yrs old, has done 35000 miles and defo NO leaks! But I guess not everyone is so lucky though :thumb:

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
not again

just got back from spain and yes the first drop of rain and in it came AGAIN. off to work shop next week . love our F.B but wish some one would cure the leak problem even elddis can,t stop it .may be its got something to do with the heat in spain :cry:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
We had an Eldiss Autoquest 140 which was our first M/H, and we really loved it, the big U shaped lounge was fab:Smile: and as there are only me and the management we used the bunk above the cab as extra storage for the bedding and what-not:RollEyes:,she did us proud for over 12 months, we did all the south coast of England from Lands End to Dover and every where in between.:Cool:.we did France in August last year for a month and then in January this year we went to Spain :Cool: for 3 months and the Pug base never missed a beat it was a 07 reg and we did 11000 miles in her:thumb:

We decided to change the van as we wanted a fixed bed and we got a really belting deal for it at the dealers where we bought it from

As for an entry level van they can't be bettered..:thumb:

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years

we no longer have the elddis :cry: changed her for a bessacar , she was a good van

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
we no longer have the elddis :cry:
Ladies & gentlemen, Elddis has left the building. :ROFLMAO:

Hope you are getting on well with the Bessacar.:thumb: