Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
Great picture of you sand bugging JSL. If you still enjoy the sport and want to do when across the water, the place to do it is in ROMO (the o's have a slash across) DENMARK. It is a massive sand bank island 10km x 6km. A proper causeway/road runs from the mainland to the island, 10kms stretch. It is fantastic there. How to get there. From Calais, head for Holland, Germany and towards Denmark. Cross into Denmark and head for TONDO then direction RIBE. Just before RIBE turn off for ROMO. It takes you straight onto the island. The beach is sign posted for each of many sports. For sand bugging:- Once of the cause way, take a left at the traffic lights and follow the road towards the bugging beach. This is solid tarmac road all the way. Or you can carry straight on to the beach and turn off left towards the bugging beach, which is sand all the way. Watch out and stay on the hardened sand track or you can get bogged down in sand. Follow the cars in front and you can't go wrong.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Great picture of you sand bugging JSL. If you still enjoy the sport and want to do when across the water, the place to do it is in ROMO (the o's have a slash across) DENMARK. It is a massive sand bank island 10km x 6km. A proper causeway/road runs from the mainland to the island, 10kms stretch. It is fantastic there. How to get there. From Calais, head for Holland, Germany and towards Denmark. Cross into Denmark and head for TONDO then direction RIBE. Just before RIBE turn off for ROMO. It takes you straight onto the island. The beach is sign posted for each of many sports. For sand bugging:- Once of the cause way, take a left at the traffic lights and follow the road towards the bugging beach. This is solid tarmac road all the way. Or you can carry straight on to the beach and turn off left towards the bugging beach, which is sand all the way. Watch out and stay on the hardened sand track or you can get bogged down in sand. Follow the cars in front and you can't go wrong.

Thanks, I've got a few more good pics, but sadly it's not me in the buggy .. :Sad:
we met the driver on the aire at Mimizan Plage and became good friends .. :Smile: but it looked a bit dangerous to me .. I tried holding the kite and ended up skiing along the sand on my bare feet.. .. :Eeek:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Jim, its a shame you never told us you were a dab hand with a kite,:roflmto: because when we met you in France, Jane had her big kite in the van, but everytime I say get your kite out she says, its tooooooooo............. windy.::bigsmile: Thats why I tell her to get it out.:roflmto::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
L.M.A.O:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yer can't say that on here!!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

slurps2

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
wales
Funster No
google maps

is there any way I can down load you very usfull info about about the sites you have for RVs to my sat nav ( navman 660 fm ) or to just down load the list to keep.
very good gsp references but I would like to keep them for future reference.
help PLEASE

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
is there any way I can down load you very usfull info about about the sites you have for RVs to my sat nav ( navman 660 fm ) or to just down load the list to keep.
very good gsp references but I would like to keep them for future reference.
help PLEASE

Hi

Olley and I have been working on this but I haven't found a way of doing it yet.
If you go to the Google map, on the left column click on the link 'browse the directory'

then look for the tool called 'Send Map Markers to your GPS'

As far as I can see it only does one point at a time.. maybe you will have better luck..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back