Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Well is the M6 or M62 ???

No it is the IP1 toll road that runs from Spain along the Algarve at 2 pm today. Oh boy I bet you poor souls back in England just wish the motorways there were as quiet

Attachments

• Algarve 001.JPG
    Algarve 001.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 158

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
They maybe would be as quiet if they cost as much in tolls as some on the continent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I agree with John, but still cant see them being that quiet even with tolls

I am proud to say we have just returned up the full length of France (technically the height of) and not paid a bean in tolls, now at Pont de l'Arche aire deciding where to shop tomorrow, where to stay tomorrow and shall I pay the littlish toll from Abbeville to Calais (I think not this time, going for a toll free return at least, they had their bit out of me on the way down)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

I am proud to say we have just returned up the full length of France (technically the height of) and not paid a bean in tolls, now at Pont de l'Arche aire deciding where to shop tomorrow, where to stay tomorrow and shall I pay the littlish toll from Abbeville to Calais (I think not this time, going for a toll free return at least, they had their bit out of me on the way down)

Can't bottle out now David, go all the way.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Oh boy I bet you poor souls back in England just wish the motorways there were as quiet
If they were I bet it wouldn't be long before somebody complained about the cost of building a road that wasn't used :D

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003

Go on pay and help my tax bill :)))

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
If they were I bet it wouldn't be long before somebody complained about the cost of building a road that wasn't used :D
Didn't the EU pay for the majority of the cost?

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I thought French autoroutes were empty until I drove some of the Spanish autopistas, and the Spanish ones were toll-free.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I think you'll find that everyone stopped using the IP1 when the farcical SCUT electronic tolls were introduced. Now everyone uses the famous 'death road' the N125 instead!

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Thanks, presumably to Jim for putting the H in which I knew it was wrong but left it too late to edit

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I think you'll find that everyone stopped using the IP1 when the farcical SCUT electronic tolls were introduced. Now everyone uses the famous 'death road' the N125 instead!

Why farcical ? if you are coming in from Spain to the Algarve then it is as simple as following a simple instruction and works just fine. Now what we do after 30 days remains to be seen

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I say farcical because I drove my English car down that road not long after it was installed. I then duly went to pay my toll at the post office. No you can't pay here for foreign vehicles, you have to phone up. So armed with the number I phoned up the central office, after one hour on the phone being passed from pillar to post, and being told I should have got a transponder (a little late after the fact) I got through to someone who told me they have no facility for taking tolls on foreign registered vehicles!!
I don't know if they have addressed this issue yet, also at the time I then went to try to get a temporary device, and everywhere was out of stock!
The system is so much better than someone in a toll booth isn't it? (sarcasm)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I thought French autoroutes were empty until I drove some of the Spanish autopistas, and the Spanish ones were toll-free.
It is not an 'autopista' if you don't pay. It is an autovia.
AP-7 = Tollroad also known as Autopista del Mediterráneo
here;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autopista_AP-7
A7 = autovia ( motorway) also known as Autovia del Mediterráneo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autovía_A-7
& both of these form part of the E 15 which ends in Inverness !!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_route_E15
How many knew that ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back