Adria MH v's Rapido, Chausson, Burstner etc (2 Viewers)

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Hi all,

We are currently looking at continental MH's , and wondered how the Adria MH's compared with the other European offering's?, Rapido, Chausson, Burstner ETC

Build quality, payload , depreciation etc ?

We are preferring the fixed bed with 2 x belted seats in the rear and 4 birth, french bed or island bed though in our opinion the french bed arrangement give a roomier feel or even a rear bathroom

We quite like this:

Broken Link Removed

Any feedback good or bad appreciated

Andy

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
I think you are correct to go continental, but I hate big long overhangs at the back, so the 680 would not be my first choice(y) but other than that I think Adria's are good and I'm sure there will be a few owners along to confirm that soon.(y)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
My only experience of Adria was a caravan (pre-Berlin Wall removal). The build quality then was superior to any van or MH I've owned before or since. I think you will be impressed if you get to examine one in detail.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Had an Adria caravan a few years ago which was excellent build quality so expected similar in their motorhomes but having looked at new ones over the last year felt it wasn't quite so good. Try the upholstery (expensive to replace) as found that foam quality was poor so could feel plywood base straight away when sitting in new Adria motorhomes:( Concerned that if cost savings there then where else might corners be cut? Not a problem in Chausson models so we bought one :) We are very happy with ours (layout, useability etc) & what we paid for it last year but it is a budget option with less durable interior than Rapido & Burstner which are in a different league.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
its a big van..over 3500Kg? (with all that entails) that overgang is scary (prefer a wheel in each corner!) that rear axle capacity would need checking. I would weigh it before buying to make sure its practical in use

I like the Adria compact SL. twin single beds over small garage and 6.6 meters long + its a narrower then large CB (no I dont have one for sale:))

nearly went for one but decided on panel vans and haven't looked back.....

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We love our Chausson.. The layout is perfect. Quality is good too.. We have a massive garage and use the incredibly comfy transverse bed. Our girl uses the overcab.. She's tiny and has masses of room. There is a facility for an extra double bed in the dinette but we wouldn't consider using it. The thought of making up beds does nothing for us at all.
If we were to choose a replacement it would be a rapido 9000dfh .. Other than that we love this van.

Last edited:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Adria ... build quality ... new ones over the last year felt it wasn't quite so good
We looked at a couple of Adria last week & were told they're the only ones with a full polycarbonate shell, so is resistant to rain/hail damage or denting in the side, & has removed all wood from the shell construction. Is this right or not? Is it a good thing or not???
As we're beginners we know they can tell us anything & we wouldn't be able to argue. However we don't actually TRUST salesmen to tell us the absolute truth (wonder why not???)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
My comment about Adria was about build quality of interior not shell as don't know about that. Chausson were offering 10 year warranty on shell last year so thought that had to be ok?! Time will tell... We were planning on a PVC (Globecar was best we found) as previous lack of warranties on coachbuilt shells didn't inspire confidence but sold on the big garage which we couldn't match in a PVC plus enough room for 3/4 in under 6m.
Never trust a salesman - not met one yet that knew enough about their product & we have questioned quite a few at length!

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
We looked at a couple of Adria last week & were told they're the only ones with a full polycarbonate shell, so is resistant to rain/hail damage or denting in the side, & has removed all wood from the shell construction. Is this right or not? Is it a good thing or not???
As we're beginners we know they can tell us anything & we wouldn't be able to argue. However we don't actually TRUST salesmen to tell us the absolute truth (wonder why not???)

I don't think they are the only one's going woodless, looking through the Caravan club mag the other day and Swift were crowing about it as well, about bloody time I should think, with all the tec about nowadayso_O, the sooner they all go woodless the better(y) on the other hand does that mean waterproof, rot proof?? I guess only time will tell.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
My comment about Adria was about build quality of interior not shell as don't know about that. Chausson were offering 10 year warranty on shell last year so thought that had to be ok?! Time will tell... We were planning on a PVC (Globecar was best we found) as previous lack of warranties on coachbuilt shells didn't inspire confidence but sold on the big garage which we couldn't match in a PVC plus enough room for 3/4 in under 6m.
Never trust a salesman - not met one yet that knew enough about their product & we have questioned quite a few at length!

To true, most will sell their granny and swear she's only just run in:whistle:

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have a 6m Chausson with drop down electric bed. I preferred this to the Rapido in a similar layout. I think the build quality and design is great. Like everything if you look after it it will last.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006

B*****cks!!!

Chausson use polycarbonate too and have done for ages!!
There is wood in the sandwich though.

Edit- Plus the roof is hail and size 11 boot proof!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
....just noticed the ebayer name...that's not me selling ours, promise:)

We bought our 1st mh in September after having caravans for many years, an Adria Vision A class 2009. Looks like a bread van but it's got lots of space inside, a lot more than most we looked at and at 6.49m it's not too big. I find it very easy to drive and the largest thing I'd previously driven was a landrover.

Payload isn't huge but we're coping at the minute and thinking about uprating.

I have to say build quality feels a lot more substantial than our last caravan which was a brand new coachman (supposed to be the bees knees).

I know it's early days but we went to the NEC show and still came home happy with our choice(y)

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We bought a new Adria Matrix 670SC here in Spain earlier this year. After 6000kms, we're really enjoying it and we love the island bed layout.

Not having owned an MH previously, this is all new to us and I can't offer comparisons to the other marques you're considering. It is true that the rear overhang requires a bit of extra awareness when driving and reversing but again, more experienced MH'ers might not find it an issue at all.

Re construction, I can tell you from a very recent solar panel installation that the roof is not immune to the fitter's size 9 feet. I'll say no more as I'm still in the process of trying to resolve this with the firm in question. However, what was once a completely flat, smooth surface now has the roof stretchers showing clearly and it looks like the seven dwarves were playing basketball around the newly-installed solar panel.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We have the Adria 680Sp and love it, I don't think the overhang is that bad but depends what your used to. We are on our last night of our holidays and have toured round the highlands on single track roads with no issues.
If you have a look on youtube you can see them being built at their factory in Sloveina very impressive, I find our seats to be very comfy so don't know if the new ones are slightly different ours is a 2010.
We can easily take four adults away for a week with loads of room for everyone to lounge out.
If you have any specific questions on the 680 just ask.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We have a 2008 Adria Coral 660SL, which we bought last year. 3 berth with two rear single beds. Good shower and large garage. We are generally impressed with the finish and quality, which is the similar to mid-range German/French such as Hymer, Dethleff, Knaus, Hobby, Rapido etc. In fact we think the finish looks better than the newer Adria models - so like Hymer in that respect as well. Had some problems with the heating but that is the same Truma 6E as in most other makes.

OP
OP
Drexxer
Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Thank you for all your reply's, more information to chew over!,

I must say the overhang did surprise me but once you are used to it, like everything I suppose, good looking van though

jaykay

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M Auto
Exp
Virtually none ! :)
Thank you for all your reply's, more information to chew over!,

I must say the overhang did surprise me but once you are used to it, like everything I suppose, good looking van though

So have you made a decision or progress in your search?

I am on the same wavelength as you, so keen to see what you decide. I'll be actively looking in the new year fingers crossed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back