Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
Can we stay overnight in their parking for an early crossing next day? If so, can someone give us good directions as to where exactly? We do not wish to stay at the aire (Calais Plage)....is there maybe somewhere else (free as money will be gone after 3 months away!! :ROFLMAO: ). Thanks , Ana x

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Can we stay overnight in their parking for an early crossing next day? If so, can someone give us good directions as to where exactly? We do not wish to stay at the aire (Calais Plage)....is there maybe somewhere else (free as money will be gone after 3 months away!! :ROFLMAO: ). Thanks , Ana x

Hi Ana

Yes you can, when you go to the port follow the signs for the booking offices.. we stay there regularly.. there is also a bus service into Calais from the car park ..

Jim

OP
OP
gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
Thank you Jim!! Bus sounds interesting too...I guess it's fairly safe to leave the MH there? Ana x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
It's all signposted and I don't think you'll go wrong if you come in on a motorway.
Follow signs to Calais Port and Ferries then there will be signs saying without tickets or buy tickets or something similar.
You go round a roundabout then pull into a large car park and the P&O and Sea France offices are in the middle on the left. You can stay there without problem. At the far end there are restaurants and toilets.

:Smile:
Keith

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Ana

When approaching the port, follow the "Sans Billet" signs, these will lead you to an area where you can park up safely overnight.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thank you Jim!! Bus sounds interesting too...I guess it's fairly safe to leave the MH there? Ana x

I would think it much safer than the aire.. can be a bit noisy in the busy season.. but never bothers me..

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We always park here (see map below), and have done for years, though only for six or seven hours overnight. Since we have had an RV its become even handier as the Aire can get a bit tight for RVs. This parking has really easy access. Even the largest motorhome that are towing can easily turn round with having to reverse. There are always a couple of trucks there and they are almost always British.

>>Click here for Google Maps

ms

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, or you can park at the City of Europe, its free with camera and street lights, just follow the campercar signs.:winky: There is loads of room, we had the toad on and to get level parked across 5 bays no problem. Bob. :thumb:

OP
OP
gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
Thank you ALL!! :Smile: We only booked return fare yesterday (for mid March) so good to know where we can park. :winky: Ana x

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Can we stay overnight in their parking for an early crossing next day? We do not wish to stay at the aire (Calais Plage)....is there maybe somewhere else (free as money will be gone after 3 months away!! :ROFLMAO: ). Thanks , Ana x
I've stopped overnight on Calais Plage loads of times and never paid anything.
By the time i've got up all the other motorhome folk have long gone....plus the guy who collects the money!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi, or you can park at the City of Europe, its free with camera and street lights, just follow the campercar signs.:winky: There is loads of room, we had the toad on and to get level parked across 5 bays no problem. Bob. :thumb:

Parking might be free... but there is a huge '€€€€ Magnet' across the road ..:Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back