LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Had a horrible experience today whilst visiting Nerja Spain... A nice couple who are tuggers staying on the same site as us took us out for the day, whilst viewing the Balcony at Nerja I suddenly noticed several men surrounding David they were as if they didn't know each other but suddenly I saw a hand reaching into the back pocket of David's trousers, I shouted OY loudly and then thief pointing at them ... Poor David had no idea what was happening... IfI hadn't seen a program about Pickpockets in Spain and how it is done I may not have realised what was happening...

So Beware Of the Pickpockets ..you think it won't happen to you but it can...

Also another English couple arrived 2days ago broken into whilst having a rest at a motorway aire ... £500 and a expensive ipad gone... They must have seen the man using it in the services...

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yes agree. I had no idea that David's wallet was there.. We only met him and his lovely wife 2days ago .. But it can happen in any crowed spot

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Obviously I don't know the details of the ipad going missing but we always hide valuables out of sight and if the MH is parked somewhere a bit vulnerable we also close all the blinds, keeps it cooler too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
For many years I have always used a travel wallet on a chain. Not only does it stop me from putting it down and forgetting it when shopping, but the wife can't get at it either. If our motorhome is parked somewhere a bit vulnerable then we put all valuables in our safe, apply the additional deadlocks to all doors and turn on the Strikeback alarm. This seems to work.

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
That's a result champers, every time you walk past a bar with that couple you can remind him how you saved him a fortune, with the following words "your round I believe"

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back