What about Bunny? (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Continuing the theme (elsewhere) of cooking meat.......

Does anyone here cook bunny? and do you hunt it yourself?

I quite fancy the idea (and Pidgeon and Pheasant) ..........

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I've cooked with all of those, ate too much rabbit as a child to enjoy it now. Very strong flavour.

Pigeon is lovely but small breasts make small portions!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We used to roast rabbit when we were first married. There was a shop in Middlesbrough which sold them, closed many years ago. Don't often see them for sale these days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
wabbits have destroyed my hedgerows and are No1 enemy on the smallholding, but I will not shoot what I don't eat. Mind you have been fancying wabbit stew for a while. Pheasant get a free pass as love to see them around. (however am not averse to some roadkill and plenty of that in North Devon)Don't have a problem with pigeons, yet.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We did BBQ spatchcock bunny last year in France, it was OK but not amazing, not really sure how to cook it.

But you should have seen the comments on my Facebook page when I posted that we had eaten rabbit!

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Our local butcher sells bunnies that he has shot but there quite expensive. I want to eat more 'wild' meat and like the idea of hunting it myself (it all started with fishing in Norway this year:whistle:)

I am researching powerful air rifles at the moment. I would be OK with the 'kill' but it needs to be quick and humane.

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We did BBQ spatchcock bunny last year in France, it was OK but not amazing, not really sure how to cook it.

But you should have seen the comments on my Facebook page when I posted that we had eaten rabbit!

Here you go........I'm gonna try this one (once I've bagged a bunny or two!)....

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
wabbits have destroyed my hedgerows and are No1 enemy on the smallholding

I'm thinking that bunny meat would be quite environmentally friendly.......... good for the land owner and good for my tummy :)

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Kath here

Blooming pheasants running across the road - hit one last Wednesday and another one yesterday - at 60mph on the A1 not a chance to avoid the bird and has cracked the grill on my car in two places :mad: No chance of picking up anything as the cars following on behind made a pheasant pancake on the road :cry:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Kath here

Blooming pheasants running across the road - hit one last Wednesday and another one yesterday - at 60mph on the A1 not a chance to avoid the bird and has cracked the grill on my car in two places :mad: No chance of picking up anything as the cars following on behind made a pheasant pancake on the road :cry:

The passenger, although severely shocked survived... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Simply by keeping his gob shut... (y)(y)(y)(y):whistle::whistle::whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back