Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
After a hectic summer we promised ourselves a bit of a break. We set off to Cornwall with the motorhome and a kayak trailer in tow

The sun was out and we parked in a deserted National trust Carpark, with WC and actually paid £2.50 charge, not like me at all, hee hee. The beach was 10 yards away.
What a beach, Carne and Pendower Beach, we were parked at the Carne end.
it was far too rough for geriatric, namby panby southerner to launch the kayak in so we opted to fish from the beach and hope the weather/sea state improved later in the week.

But it was not to be, Adolf von National trust warden, emptied the cash box and was surprised to find we had indeed paid for the last two days, then came over and said, No camping, no overnight parking, no signs, no apology, just sod off we don't want the car park filling up with motorhomes. So we went home bugger Cornwall, they don't know how to present a cream tea anyway. Damned if I pay and damned if I don't. The general population do not want their peace and quiet shattered by the sound of cash filling the tills. Shame really as it really is a magic place and virtually deserted this time of the year.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I am Shure there was other places to visit we fund no end of places to visit and camp.
Ether free or very cheep it is the national trust policy not to allow camping or over nighting on any of there car parking sites which I think is wrong especially in the winter months.
They are in a ideal position to offer a system of airs in low season or setting aside a few spaces for motor homes at nominal to no cost
So sorry to se you're autumn brake was cut short
bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Carne used to be our local beach (the beach didn't move, we did) and it's rarely busy, even during the season. What a lovely spot... if only NT hadn't spoiled it for you.
Most NT car parks are unmanned all of the year, and many of the rest are now unmanned for the rest of the off-season (from last Sunday). That's all I'm saying...:lipssealed:

Attachments

• NT CPs map.pdf
    511.9 KB · Views: 16
Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
I was born in Devon & brought up in Cornwall, have to say that I agree with Roger, there does indeed now seem to be a mentality of fleecing tourists & not making them welcome :(

Please note that this blanket statement does not apply to all, there are still some nice people there :boxing:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I was born in Devon & brought up in Cornwall, have to say that I agree with Roger, there does indeed now seem to be a mentality of fleecing tourists & not making them welcome :(

Please note that this blanket statement does not apply to all, there are still some nice people there :boxing:
We went there in the spring it was a very relaxed holiday and had a grate time.
and met many very friendly peep's

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
As was the time of year to close up the toilet block, turn off the water and collect the rubbish it may well have been his last trip there this season. But he annoyed me. The car park was huge and empty, only 4 cars arrived during the 3 days and two nights we stayed. He just had to comment and upset me. Had it been busy I could understand it. When I asked who paid his wages he just stormed off. Ah well back to wilding, but not in Cornshire.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I am Shure there was other places to visit we fund no end of places to visit and camp.
Ether free or very cheep it is the national trust policy not to allow camping or over nighting on any of there car parking sites which I think is wrong especially in the winter months.
They are in a ideal position to offer a system of airs in low season or setting aside a few spaces for motor homes at nominal to no cost
So sorry to se you're autumn brake was cut short
bill

Now that sounds like a brilliant idea(y)

.....unfortunately if the national trust still have the same mentality as they did a few years ago when there was a tv series about them then they just wouldn't have the sense to be this forward thinking

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry your lovely holiday was spoiled Roger.... Hope the rest of your time was as wonderful as you deserve..... don't let one man spoil the memories for you. x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back