mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
"While David Cameron promised to renegotiate our relationship with the EU in the wake of an outrageous £1.7 billion extra cash demand, another 44 powers were being passed from the UK to Brussels on November 1.

“The transfer happened on Saturday, almost un-noticed, and unreported,” said Jill, UKIP’s Transport spokesman and MEP for the West Midlands.

“The transfer of these powers – in important areas such as border controls, criminal law, immigration, and police co-operation - took place under powers which were surrendered by the UK to the European Union under the Lisbon Treaty.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Yes Tony Blair and Gordon Brown stitched us up big time nearly signed everything over to EU , now its taking so much time trying to renegotiate the mess they left.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Signed by Gordon Brown................... not Dave.............................

Yes Tony Blair and Gordon Brown stitched us up big time nearly signed everything over to EU , now its taking so much time trying to renegotiate the mess they left.
Yes I remember that, the other members signed up and later our Mr Brown snuck in the back door trying to dodge publicity and did the dirty deed
:swear2:
Why would UKIP let the truth get in the way of a story though? They aren't Sun writers are they? :LOL:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Signed by Gordon Brown................... not Dave.............................

Correction ...it was signed by Dave..................David Milliband and Gordon Brown

:doh::doh::doh::doh:

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Recent converts from boating
Added to all the above was the pension theft dreamed up and carried out by Brown. None of them are trustworthy, but labour are the most horrendous by a country mile. Flood gates opened to Eastern Europeans just to gain votes, pensions raid, mid staffs hospital crisis and so many more howlers inspired, administered, and carried out under their tenure.
Then the final insult when leaving office, quote " There's nothing left in the kitty!" All that plus the weapons of mass destruction, two catapults and an array of starting pistols!

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Governments: Which one shall we have and how long before the moans start again.
Labour
Conservative
UKip
Libs

Or any other one you want to dream up, but think on, since I could vote in about 1961 I have never known any peace, they all cock it up, we will never reach a position were it will be rosie, it wont happen!! Leave Europe, some will be happy, Ah, but for how long we ask. Well lets stay then, some will be happy, Ah, but for how long we ask??

Tell you what chaps, lets understand that most - if not all - politicians will F**k it up, we will not be able to stop it, now once you have that in your mind, have a BBQ, a few beers, then get on with life. Leave them to it, after all most here are to old for all that moaning you end up with high blood pressure.

Ready? Now think Spain, A Frames, Spanish Police, there now that should keep you going for a while :LOL:(y);)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Governments: Which one shall we have and how long before the moans start again.
Labour
Conservative
UKip
Libs

Or any other one you want to dream up, but think on, since I could vote in about 1961 I have never known any peace, they all cock it up, we will never reach a position were it will be rosie, it wont happen!! Leave Europe, some will be happy, Ah, but for how long we ask. Well lets stay then, some will be happy, Ah, but for how long we ask??

Tell you what chaps, lets understand that most - if not all - politicians will F**k it up, we will not be able to stop it, now once you have that in your mind, have a BBQ, a few beers, then get on with life. Leave them to it, after all most here are to old for all that moaning you end up with high blood pressure.

Ready? Now think Spain, A Frames, Spanish Police, there now that should keep you going for a while :LOL:(y);)
Right, so lets pretend that at 0600 Tuesday 04'11/2014, Units of The British Army, backed by heavy armour, take over and occupy all major buildings and government offices in London, Birmingham, Manchester Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh, and Cardiff. Members of the English government are arrested, and put into house arrest, the PM amongst them. All civilian police units are disarmed. At 10.oohrs, all television stations in the UK broadcast a message from the Joint Chiefs of Staff, evoking a state of Emergency under the existing regulations, and imposing a dusk to dawn curfew. We are now ruled by a military junta. Travel is restricted to within 20 miles of home, (indefinitely), all air flights are suspended, and all firearms permits are also revoked.

Now, think about it. Would that suit us better then what we have at this time??

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
What would happen,if nobody voted ?......... Human nature being as it is,some pillock would change their name to....Nobody, by deed poll and there you are back to square one.Back to the drawing board

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Why would UKIP let the truth get in the way of a story though? They aren't Sun writers are they? :LOL:
Sorry to go off topic but how do you add all those different quotes from people, I have only learnt how to quote a whole post. I keep playing around with various buttons but haven't sussed it :doh:

Ah I have sussed the multi quote button now but what if you want to add only part of someone's quote, do you know how?

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
<snip>
Ah I have sussed the multi quote button now but what if you want to add only part of someone's quote, do you know how?
Yes, just quote the whole thing & then delete what you don't want in the reply window. It becomes ordinary text in your reply & you can edit as you wish. Just be careful not to alter the text in square brackets, or it won't show up properly as a quote. Make sure that you type your own text outside the brackets - sounds obvious, but someone does it most days & ends up putting their response into the quote!

However - note that it is considered very bad form to change the meaning of a quote, or remove part to make the remainder read out of context.

If only using part of a quote & the original is more than a few posts away, it's quite a good idea to indicate that it's a partial quote. Done to yours to make the point, but I wouldn't normally do that for a post immediately beforehand.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
highlight the part of each post you wish to quote and click on the multiquote bubble that pops up. much quicker and easier

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
highlight the part of each post you wish to quote
Oh yes - very true. I had forgotten that Jim had added that.

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
I think Belgium had the right idea a few years ago and had no government for over a year - and hardly anyone noticed! Perhaps we should have politicians "elected" like a jury system - some people obliged to serve may even be quite competant: maybe more so than the current system!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I think Belgium had the right idea a few years ago and had no government for over a year - and hardly anyone noticed! Perhaps we should have politicians "elected" like a jury system - some people obliged to serve may even be quite competant: maybe more so than the current system!
I was just thinking earlier on about the mooted extensions to the elected mayoral system. It might be an idea if candidates were disbarred if they had held membership of any political party during the previous 5 years. The idea could also be extended to Police & Crime Commissioners.

That might go some way to stopping political parties from stitching up the process with jobs for the boys/girls.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
That might go some way to stopping political parties from stitching up the process with jobs for the boys/girls.

Then you would get proxies - wives, children, siblings...........

'They' won't give up power easily........... (at all).............

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
(snip)If only using part of a quote & the original is more than a few posts away, it's quite a good idea to indicate that it's a partial quote. Done to yours to make the point, but I wouldn't normally do that for a post immediately beforehand.

highlight the part of each post you wish to quote and click on the multiquote bubble that pops up. much quicker and easier

Yes, like they said :)

By jove I think I've got it :rofl:

Thanks guys :clap2:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Then you would get proxies - wives, children, siblings...........

'They' won't give up power easily........... (at all).............

Include extended families then :D

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No

Ah! Tony Bliar! The man who changed the colour of Labour from bright red to the darkest blue, got to hand it to him, probably the most successful con-man this country has ever produced!
Never liked his royal oiliness right from the start. I could never understand how he hoodwinked an entire country and sold our collective souls to the highest bidder whether that was the European Union or more likely, to the United States.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
I don't normally get involved with any threads that are political in nature, but what the hell. The thing that always amazes me is that people will often have have a heated discussion on the relative merits of politicians and their respective parties. How much longer will it take for people to realise that they are ALL the same and will always put their careers and the interests of staying in a job before the interests of the electorate; and we fall for it every 4 years. If you agree with this then please don't encourage them at general elections by voting, if no party was returned they would have to come up with an alternative and it couldn't be any worse than what we have at the moment.

Tinca

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If you agree with this then please don't encourage them at general elections by voting, if no party was returned they would have to come up with an alternative and it couldn't be any worse than what we have at the moment.
The problem with that is that many people would still vote. That would apply especially to political activists so we would end up with a result skewed to what politicians rather than the general population want.

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Right, so lets pretend that at 0600 Tuesday 04'11/2014, Units of The British Army, backed by heavy armour, take over and occupy all major buildings and government offices in London, Birmingham, Manchester Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh, and Cardiff. Members of the English government are arrested, and put into house arrest, the PM amongst them. All civilian police units are disarmed. At 10.oohrs, all television stations in the UK broadcast a message from the Joint Chiefs of Staff, evoking a state of Emergency under the existing regulations, and imposing a dusk to dawn curfew. We are now ruled by a military junta. Travel is restricted to within 20 miles of home, (indefinitely), all air flights are suspended, and all firearms permits are also revoked.

My God is that what happens if the whole country decides to have a BBQ and a few Beers?:drink:

:cooler:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009

YES!!! Where do I sign up?...

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988

Mmmm, Heavy Armour, lovely thought Toots but I don't think either of the two we have left in a vaguely operational state would make it under their own steam would they? :(

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
:rollingeyes:Politics
"Poly" as in many
"Ticks" as in blood sucking parasites!!

While I find peoples faith and sympathy in "call me Dave" Cameron admirable, please do not delude yourselves that he and his are any better or worse than any others.

They are all from the same mindset.

Just my opinion.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Vote UK to get us out of the EU (started life as the common market ) and when we are out vote for who you really dislike the least !! Do we really think that the rest of Europe will cut off their noses to spite their face and not buy and sell with us ??? Very doubtful..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back