Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Could I just ask what you hope to find or buy?

Genuine question having visited Bath and been completely disappointed.

If it's an excuse to get away then fine, I am just wondering what the benefits are of visiting these markets.

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp

If it's an excuse to get away then fine, I am just wondering what the benefits are of visiting these markets.[/QUOTE we went to Germany last xmas to the markets. Went to berlin it was good weather was freezing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jean-luc

Jean-luc

Free Member
Aug 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
Rapido 963F
Exp
Since 2005

If it's an excuse to get away then fine, I am just wondering what the benefits are of visiting these markets.
Not going to buy anything in particular but a friend of mine visited them in 2012 and found them to by quite impressive with a really enjoyable atmosphere.
The towns adopt different themes for their markets, a browse around the website tells all.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Not going to buy anything in particular but a friend of mine visited them in 2012 and found them to by quite impressive with a really enjoyable atmosphere.
The towns adopt different themes for their markets, a browse around the website tells all.

Thanks for that.

My wife loves the atmosphere thing which is why I asked.

Perhaps next year(y)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I'm sure the Ribeauville one will be lovely - the town is delightful, and has lots of interest to buy already, quite apart from the wine!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
At the risk of you all going , oh no he's at it again, we went around some markets in France last year, ipers , Lille, arras, all pretty much the same, but we came back to gravelines on the last night and found that they have one there but it didn't start till the day after we came home but it had far more stalls set up than all the others and looked as if it was going to be a right good do, all the square was full and the streets were as well, it's on again this year but can't remember the dates but it is later than the others again, and if it's anything like last years looked like being, well worth a visit

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Can't find a decent link to it, but believe me it is on , posters up about it in the bars when we were there a month ago

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Link here but it's 2011 , but looked the same as last year Broken Link Removed

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
OMG..... sounds fantastic! We spent a while in the Alsace in August, what a beautiful place it is. We ended up doing the 'wine route' and bought a lot of wine too. The wines are far beyond the sickly sweet stuff most people think comes out of the region.

If it helps you here is a link to the Alsace section of my blog from this years trip.....

http://wolfydoesfrance2014.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/alsace-wine-route-e5.html

I highly recommend the wine cooperative in Ribeauville for really tasty (and good value) wines....

Hmm, might be persuaded to go ourselves...... :D

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Alsace is a lovely area. Well worth spending some time there. Kaysersburg, Berghiem, Colmar etc.
But at the risk of being a sadsack, I find the markets nice places to look around, but, expensive to buy things at, compared to say Lidl. Anyone agree ?
Phil

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
The first Christmas Market opened in Potsdammer Platz here in Berlin yesterday! Nothing worth buying except Gluhwein with Rhum or Ammorretto and as much food as you can eat!! :p It really is all about the atmosphere though, with the band playing etc they are fabulous places to be when it's crispy cold and the Gluhwein is hot(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back