Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We are also her staying at Figueira Camping Park as advertised by DBK last week and by bob and Jane.
We are sorry we didn't read your comments about the dog, we only arrived around 2 hours ago.
We met another funster down at Sagres yesterday and I went to have a chat, said their name was something and caz.
Handy place to get your washing done though.
The flies are relentless though probably due to the chicken kept next door and the dogs of course.
The 7.50 euro does include water.wi fi and electric so we went mad and charged everything up as we haven't had electric for a month now.
didn't really need it but wanted to do a wash and that's 2.50 euro for 2.5 kilos in weight.
We couldn't find a laundry and even though i washed a lot by hand in the last month I still like to get a decent wash done now and again.
We only paid for 1 night so were off tomorrow.. to another free camper stop.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Oh dear its not looking good Trish, have they finished it yet ?
Was there anyone else staying when you were there ?
Its looking like we stayed at a busy time with 3 motorhomes, and must say we only called in to do the washing, but had a nice time, and the owner and his man were really friendly and helpfull. :D
Let's hope they have not lost interest because no one is stopping, they were working hard in the heat, and spending lots of money doing it.:eek:
The fly situation seems to be a problem this year, its the same here in Spain...............;) unless they followed us from Portugal. :ROFLMAO:
:) Bob.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Its looking like we stayed at a busy time with 3 motorhomes, and must say we only called in to do the washing, but had a nice time, and the owner and his man were really friendly and helpfull. :D
Let's hope they have not lost interest because no one is stopping, they were working had in the heat, and spending lots of money doing it.:eek:
The fly situation seems to be a problem this year, its the same here in Spain...............;) unless they followed us from Portugal. :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Let's hope they have not lost interest because no one is stopping, they were working hard in the heat, and spending lots of money doing it.:eek:
I think they need better signs. We saw several 'vans drive past on the main road when we were there, turn round but then never appeared at the site.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I think you could be right, I don't know if its advertised anywhere, but only time will tell on how long it stays open,
The place Pedro was before he got his own, was all locked up when we past a month or so ago, but when Pedro was there it was full.
So it can be done with a first class hard working man running it.
;) Maybe he needs a Pedro or at least some of his green wine.:ROFLMAO: Bob.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Getting a campsite up and running successfully must take a huge amount of work followed by good advertising and word of mouth. Deffo not for me.

By the way, I did my washing at the Portimao Marina launderette yesterday.

True, it cost €8 for the big machine but it did an awful lot of washing!

And I saved that amount by being at Silves last night and Santa Luzia tonight.

Very peaceful. Only 6 vans here.

Tomorrow lunchtime in Cabanas for the big match and then who knows?

Depression or Joy.

JJ :cool:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Your still obsessed about cleaning JJ, you have not been the same since the chap at Coimbra offered you a fortune for your classic Hymer.:D
The speed you traveled surely you have not had time to play with the new phone, never mind all your 250gb.

Still not set up the caravan, got a Dutchman on our pitch for another 10 days.:eek:. Bob.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
There were 7 vans there when we were there.
We used the laundry advertised on the board there, a lady was taking washing in, we paid 10 euro for a small wash and it came back damp, so we had to hang it around the van to dry it ourselves, lucky the weather was hot.
The Cockerell didn't know the time of day and did his stuff lunchtime.
The dogs to be fair weren't bad and only barked when someone strange was about.
We also saw a few vans passing the site on the main road but none came in, I don't know where they were off to as the 2 close by camper stops had banned autocaravan signs so we moved on to Alvor.
There are a few vans I recognise from Portimao last year.
We'd stayed here last year and there are loads more vans this year, probably down to Portimao closing but reports are that there are some people still there, but nobody taking fees.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Trish it might be OK once it gets established, we did our own washing, but wanted lots of water and electric.
We stayed at Alvor, liked it there handy for swimming in the sea and nice town.
Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back