aliceadsl.fr ? (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Don't know but Smokie used to live next door to Alice.
Oh well, that will only mean som etching to the other oldies....,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
well please do explain what is alice and is it any good ?
i still have my europasim which is still working ok

SandT

Free Member
Oct 15, 2012
Malta
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek
Exp
When we lived in France (over four years ago) we used Alice as our broadband provider.
Terrible company with no customer service (like a lot of French companies).
No aftersales service, no response to emails or phone calls.
Lots and lots of spam !

Terry

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
When we lived in France (over four years ago) we used Alice as our broadband provider.
Terrible company with no customer service (like a lot of French companies).
No aftersales service, no response to emails or phone calls.
Lots and lots of spam !

Terry

'Slack' Alice then?(y)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
YEP I do!
Been with them for years and I'm fine with them .

Excellent hotline service. They usually find where the problem is and correct it.

I have lots of problems though but it much more comes from the fact that my connection is at the end of the line.
So if lots of people are using the bandwidth and then gets to me , at rush times , then I struggle a bit , not always , but sometimes it is a bit upsetting. I have to stop all the other stuff using the bandwidth so I have a chance to get some Utube English programs for my little ones. At night time I might have to stop my Skype to be able to watch a film without any cut at all.

Alice group has been bought by FREE a few months ago, and they keep asking me to move , but I have been told that Free hasn't got any hotline , so indeed, not very keen on changing server. I will have to ask all about the new conditions on new contract to make up my mind.

Amicalement
Frankie:)

Reactions: JJ

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Not me! I'm with SFR NEUFBOX, since 2005, no probs, well pleased with the service, I suppose I should "touch-wood" now!!!(y)

OP
OP
Scattycat

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
YEP I do!
Been with them for years and I'm fine with them .

Excellent hotline service. They usually find where the problem is and correct it.

I have lots of problems though but it much more comes from the fact that my connection is at the end of the line.
So if lots of people are using the bandwidth and then gets to me , at rush times , then I struggle a bit , not always , but sometimes it is a bit upsetting. I have to stop all the other stuff using the bandwidth so I have a chance to get some Utube English programs for my little ones. At night time I might have to stop my Skype to be able to watch a film without any cut at all.

Alice group has been bought by FREE a few months ago, and they keep asking me to move , but I have been told that Free hasn't got any hotline , so indeed, not very keen on changing server. I will have to ask all about the new conditions on new contract to make up my mind.

Amicalement
Frankie:)

Oh good, a useful response.
We've also been with them for over 10 years without a problem, but over the past few weeks we've been getting phone calls supposedly from them saying that we will no longer be able to pay via our bank card but will now have to pay via a bank R.I.B.
We've ignored the calls because the caller has asked us to set it up by giving bank details over the phone.
We've told them to send us an e-mail but the caller says they have no facilities to do so.
As far as we are concerned this is a scam.
But if we are off line after tomorrow then it 's not.

Just wondered if anybody else using Alice as their internet provider have had similar phone calls?

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Oh good, a useful response.
We've also been with them for over 10 years without a problem, but over the past few weeks we've been getting phone calls supposedly from them saying that we will no longer be able to pay via our bank card but will now have to pay via a bank R.I.B.
We've ignored the calls because the caller has asked us to set it up by giving bank details over the phone.
We've told them to send us an e-mail but the caller says they have no facilities to do so.
As far as we are concerned this is a scam.
But if we are off line after tomorrow then it 's not.

Just wondered if anybody else using Alice as their internet provider have had similar phone calls?

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
?????? My post has disappeared!

So I was saying : NO don't give any details , never had such an e-mail with Alice, it's a scam!
Had it with Orange though, never gave any details

I will call Alice to make sure, and let you know!

Frankie(y)

OP
OP
Scattycat

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
?????? My post has disappeared!

So I was saying : NO don't give any details , never had such an e-mail with Alice, it's a scam!
Had it with Orange though, never gave any details

I will call Alice to make sure, and let you know!

Frankie(y)
Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back