CTEK dual D250S review, poor on solar. (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Does anybody else have one and what do you think of it.

Seems to charge the batteries from 90% remaining at about 10 amps, about twice the amps as the split charge system. 2 100 amp Elecsol batteries.

On solar alone it seems very poor. Had a Votronic mppt before and noticed immediately that the CTEK wasn't as good as have a Victron battery monitor. It doesn't seem to put much in, I know its not the time of year for good solar results .

Any other reviews?

Is mine faulty?

Paul.

Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
If you are evaluating based on present levels of sunlight, that might be misleading. I have this unit with 240w of solar and 225Ah of batteries. The main load is a compressor fridge.

At the end May the solar (even under cloud) had recharged fully by 0900. This time of year it cannot replace by the end of the day what the fridge takes out.

I like that the CTEK also gives me battery-to-battery so that the alternator boosts the leisure batteries when driving.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes I agree with you its a good idea, its just that I noticed straight away, on the same day when it was changed that the solar performance wasn't as good as the Votronic mppt, maybe need to wait until the spring to test further.

Paul.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Paul

I don't know if the CTEK is MPPT but if not you will loose up to 30% performance straight away.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back