Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
Is anyone else traveling over Europe end of first or beginning of second week in December?

I am going down to Portugal, it would be great to travel with some otheres!

Patrick

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
allready in Portugal

We are not travaling to Portugal as we are allready here, we wild camp and if you want a updateon the sites east of Faro I can give you one if you want.

Doug..

OP
OP
Patrick

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
We are not travaling to Portugal as we are allready here, we wild camp and if you want a updateon the sites east of Faro I can give you one if you want.

Doug..

Yer that would be great doug! I want to leave right now but have work stuff to finish up first!
hope we can meet up at some point!

patrick

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
We are leaving on the tunnel early on the 16th Dec heading down to Portugal.first stop ? wherever we feel like stopping ,second hopefully the aire at Biarritz ,Then as far as we can hopefully to Guarda.Depending on the weather how far we do each day but not much point hanging around in the cold better to try and get down into better weather as soon as we can.

Val

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

How long are you going for ? as we are still thinking about heading that way for Christmas albeit we may head down to the Costa del Sol, Marbella area but we were thinking of going around Madrid this time rather than taking the route we took the year before last

Calais, Rouen, Le Mans, Poitiers, Bordeaux, St Jean De Luz, San Sebastian, Burgos, (and then rather than Madrid down to Marbella we thought we would route around Madrid via Salamanca and Sevilla and then down to Marbella what route are you thinking of taking ?

Last edited:

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
going on ferry Portsmouth to Bilbao Sat 13 Dec, departing 8pm arriving circa 8am Mon, then hopefully on down to near Almeria for Christmas, via Madrid route. Want to get to some warm weather asap::bigsmile:
steles

OP
OP
Patrick

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
We are leaving on the tunnel early on the 16th Dec heading down to Portugal.first stop ? wherever we feel like stopping ,second hopefully the aire at Biarritz ,Then as far as we can hopefully to Guarda.Depending on the weather how far we do each day but not much point hanging around in the cold better to try and get down into better weather as soon as we can.

Val

Why is everyone going via the tunnel? I like portsmouth St Malo. I don't have a plan, I like to wing it to a point. Its always a let down if its all planned to strict. I am happy to meet up with anyone who wants to take it nice and easy.

OP
OP
Patrick

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
Hi,

How long are you going for ? as we are still thinking about heading that way for Christmas albeit we may head down to the Costa del Sol, Marbella area but we were thinking of going around Madrid this time rather than taking the route we took the year before last

Calais, Rouen, Le Mans, Poitiers, Bordeaux, St Jean De Luz, San Sebastian, Burgos, (and then rather than Madrid down to Marbella we thought we would route around Madrid via Salamanca and Sevilla and then down to Marbella what route are you thinking of taking ?

Due to the fact there is only me, I don't have a partner to please by having a plan, so I will just go whichever way is more interesting....The weather will dictate the route!

OP
OP
Patrick

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
where to stay in portugal for christmas

Don't even know where to spend christmas?

Any idias as to the best area to head for christmas dinner?

patrick

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
We prefer the Tunnel as we take the dog with us.We dont really make any plans just head down France ,Spain towards Portugal thought we would just head for salamanca then Guarda this time, we went via salamanca,Sevilla down to Ayamonte then into Portugal in February.Came back in May via North Portugal along the Douro Valley it was lovely then north into Spain.
We are meeting friends (motorhomers) who are in Lagos so we will spend xmas there,then just go off wild camping the rest of the time.Might end up doing a bit of Spain before we head home in May plenty time ..

Val

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Yer that would be great doug! I want to leave right now but have work stuff to finish up first!
hope we can meet up at some point!

patrick

OK; St. A. Villa Real, the area by the ferry is open, the GNR moved the vans near the GNR office a few days ago but they just moved a 100 meters nearer the ferry and all is OK again.

Castro marim is open
Cabacas is open,
Adam&eve is open
Tavera is open at Pingo Doce and The bottem of Quatro aguas is open but not the site by the bridge on the quatro aguas road
Olhao by the GNR is open
Quateria is open at the pines but not at the fish dock.

Farther west I'm not up to date now..

See you....

Doug and Sandra.

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Hi,

A few years ago we went (more or less) this way...

See the aquaduct in Segovia, some fabulous scenery and some interesting towns on your way south and spend a couple of days exploring Sevilla - the catherdral and the Giralda with fantastic views over the city; the Alcazar; the Plaza Espana; I could go on and on, but take it from me it is definitely a city to explore (see the Rough Guide).
And from there you can go to Marbella via Ronda or Portugal via Huelva or Cadiz, Algeciras and Gibraltar and then Marbella.
Sort of wish I was going too - other plans though.

Whatever you end up doing, be sure to enjoy it

John

Attachments

• Spain route.jpg
    Spain route.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
Patrick

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
sound proofing A Hymer

has anyone had there cab sound proofed on an A class, did it make the engine noise much better?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back