Handbrake (1 Viewer)

W

wolfy62

Deleted User
Hi,
I read in a few threads that its better to keep your handbrake off when putting motorhome away for winter,as it stop the rear drum or pads from seizing,i was wondering with the handbrake off is it ok to leave the motorhome in 1st gear, as i have my motorhome parked on a slight slope.

Thanks
Garry

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
I agree with ITEXUK. I do exactly that when ever I am not driving the MH.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

roverman1

Free Member
Jun 19, 2008
leeds west yorks
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
hand brake

i do the same my van is parked on a sloping drive i chock back and front wheels let brake of and let van run on to chocks so they cant get pulled out easy dont use gears puts strain on gears so i was told.:thumb:

S

stumpy

Deleted User
On mine its auto so i leave it it in park .If your on a slope put a couple of chocks in one front and one opposit rear :winky:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i do the same my van is parked on a sloping drive i chock back and front wheels let brake of and let van run on to chocks so they cant get pulled out easy dont use gears puts strain on gears so i was told.:thumb:

i can see where you're coming from but think for a moment..............100 + BHP chewing on yer gearbox..........i dont think the strain on the cogs while parked in gear will do any harm.......unless your gearbox is made of chocolate. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Its also a good idea to give it a run every couple of weeks if you can, cleans the discs off and gets oil and water moving, also excercises the clutch which will can also stick on the flywheel if left for a time.

Peter

OP
OP
W

wolfy62

Deleted User
Many thanks for all your help,as im new to this i wasnt sure what to do.
So thanks again
Garry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back