Papa Smurf changes his socks... I mean mind! (1 Viewer)

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Okay, so the Italy idea was whislt watching a repeat of Long Way Down. I loved some of the scenery, and generally reports from Funsters were positive, but something held me back from setting anything in concrete. Which was quite handy really as several people have talked me (us) into going to Spain for the first time!

So, apart from "hola", we know nothing. This means the 10 weeks or so we're hoping for over there will be "interesting". At least the ferry will get us from Plymouth to Santander whilst we relax(please gods no choppy seas) , and then I'll drive down to the south coast over the next day and a half (or is that being optimistic?)

I hope we're going to meet up with PenelopePitstop, RayV8 & kijana - if not, my sat-nav will have lead me astray. All I need now is confirmation from the campsite that they have a space for us!

Keeping my little blue fingers crossed

Papa

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Mmmm......ewan macgregor and charlie boorman have a lot to answer for...........got to wondering last night, while watching the re-run....
'wonder if colonel Gaddafi will let me in with the motorhome'. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

have fun....safe journey,

john.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Okay - calling all experts!!
What do I need to take for driving in Spain (apart from the motorhome and the wife!) ?
Someone has said 2 warning triangles - what other things will I need that I'm unlikely to have thought of? :Doh:
And anyone have info on toll roads over there please - the links from google I've tried all seem to be out of date or non-existant :Angry:
I know that FUNsters will be able to help, and I thank you in advance.:thumb:
Papa

Last edited:

RickB

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
south devon uk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
four years+
Hi
I am off to Spain as well, Heading over to Benidorm to watch the girlie run the half marathon on January 25th then round the coast to visit motorhome friends near Cadiz, then up to a mates smallholding in Portugal.
If you see a cream Amazon on your travels give me a wave:thumb:

Back to the thread, You must carry two triangles and high vis vests for all occupants, you now need the vests in France as well and they need to be accessible inside the vehicle.
RickB

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
And a spare set of light bulbs,,
Most toll roads were built along side the original main road,, Takes longer but you have not got the added expense of toll`s,, ::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
heres a bit of useful info Brian, HERE click the english flag then click an area on the map.

you will need two warning triangles,

a reflective jacket/waistcoat for EVERY occupant and it MUST be kept in the cab so you dont have to get out to get them.

a spare bulb set. at least one of ALL external bulbs.

if you wear specs to drive you must carry a spare pair in the vehicle at all times (spain). any old ones will do if you can sort of see through them. just leave 'em on the dash.

all the above attract an on the spot fine if you aint got 'em.

this also now applies to france. (except the specs)

just for good measure.....dont run out of fuel on motorways.....its an offense with an on the spot fine.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hi Papa!

You'll need HP sauce, Cadbury's ceam eggs and Cheddar cheese!!! All things scarce in Conil - it not catering for the English in the shops! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to seeing you and June! Have you got booked in at the site yet??:thumb:

Marie
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi Papa!

You'll need HP sauce, Cadbury's ceam eggs and Cheddar cheese!!! All things scarce in Conil - it not catering for the English in the shops! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to seeing you and June! Have you got booked in at the site yet??:thumb:

Marie
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Ah, so that's where you are. Noticed you weren't at Windy Harbour when we drove past three weeks ago. And I bet you're glad with our weather this weekend :ROFLMAO:

Graham

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Ah, so that's where you are. Noticed you weren't at Windy Harbour when we drove past three weeks ago. And I bet you're glad with our weather this weekend :ROFLMAO:

Graham

Hi Graham!

Don't want to gloat ( much!!):ROFLMAO: but it's been lovely and warm and sunny here today - we've been shopping in Granada today. Lots of snow on the Sierra Nevada but fine in the valleys!:ROFLMAO:
We're in Orgiva at the moment - heading for the coast on Tuesday then Conil next weekend!:thumb:

Marie
:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Deposit paid today Marie. Could only book until 1st Feb as there are no parcels after then available! You were right when you said ir was popular - we seem to have the last double parcel. Phew.

See you in a week or so.

BTW - is fridge/freezer okay to leave off for over 24 hours whilst on ferry?

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Deposit paid today Marie. Could only book until 1st Feb as there are no parcels after then available! You were right when you said ir was popular - we seem to have the last double parcel. Phew.

Sometimes there's an advantage to having a 7m van!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

See you in a week or so.

Take care - both of you - see you in Conil!:thumb:

BTW - is fridge/freezer okay to leave off for over 24 hours whilst on ferry?

We did it on a 27 hour sailing to Norway and it was OK - I packed it tight and turned it on high for a few hours before getting on the boat. Keep the door closed for as long as possible after you get of the boat to allow it to regain it's cool!
:thumb:

Marie

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi Graham!

Don't want to gloat ( much!!):ROFLMAO: but it's been lovely and warm and sunny here today - we've been shopping in Granada today. Lots of snow on the Sierra Nevada but fine in the valleys!:ROFLMAO:
We're in Orgiva at the moment - heading for the coast on Tuesday then Conil next weekend!:thumb:

Marie

Gloat all you like, I don't mind ::bigsmile:

Been lovely & sunny all day up here in north east England. Lovely and warm as well - but only in the house, heck of a freezing wind outside ::bigsmile:

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back