ed pick

Free Member
Oct 13, 2014
mansfield
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Brought a Autosleeper Warkick Duo at Lincoln show picked it up from Spinneys in Cheshire a week before Nec show booked a camp site close to show the day before last words before going in we are only going for some chairs, went into show and part exchanged it 7 hrs later for a for a coach built Bailey 730 Approach deal done got back what I paid for it Spinneys a great company to deal with and he says use the van for a few weeks then drop it over to us the new one is due in March the problem with the Autosleeper it was just not big enough for us after having the RV class B and we do like the made up island beds it is usually me what makes rash decisions but putting this one down to the better half she had spotted the bailey as soon has we had walked in and steered me back to it 7 hrs later what more could i do

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We had our first one 6 months, had our 2nd for 9 month and looking to change. Sometimes you need to make the mistakes to realise them.
Enjoy your new MH when it arrives :)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Hope you enjoy the hastily purchased van.

Personally I wouldn't buy at a show.

I am more the type who has never thought about motorhoming who then goes to look at a van because it's in a dealership close to a pub we had just got drunk in.

Remember the 5 P's

Pissed punters pay proper packet(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Ed, I feel your pain! We part ex'ed our Elddis Crusader Super Scirocco at our local dealers in August after returning from France, for a smaller, twin bedded model. Went to the NEC a few weeks later and decided to buy a brand new island bed model! Cost us a few grand to change. Collected new van on Ist April this year ( yep, I know!) went to France again and upon our return went straight back to dealer and bought a Bailey 745se Motorhome! First one we saw...I too took one look and fell in love! Hope you love yours as much as we love ours!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hope you enjoy the hastily purchased van.

Personally I wouldn't buy at a show.

I am more the type who has never thought about motorhoming who then goes to look at a van because it's in a dealership close to a pub we had just got drunk in.

Remember the 5 P's

Pissed punters pay proper packet(y)

We would never, ever buy at a show, either:blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
We would never, ever buy at a show, either:blush:
Any particular reason David? We bought our last van at the NEC, but went to our local dealer (who we knew would be there) to ask if he could provide the van we wanted. We got a really good deal with show extras. I can see why buying from a dealer who is not local could prove a problem, but why else would you not do it?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Any particular reason David? We bought our last van at the NEC, but went to our local dealer (who we knew would be there) to ask if he could provide the van we wanted. We got a really good deal with show extras. I can see why buying from a dealer who is not local could prove a problem, but why else would you not do it?
We DID buy at a show, despite only going to buy some accessories!! We also got a really good deal......... Cheers.

Have a look at the Autotrail Imola thread...... We told everyone that we would never buy from a show!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back