Apr 6, 2008
middlesex/ mojacar spain
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
approx 18 months
hi all
can anyone tell me how to by pass the factory fitted radio cut out on a peugot swift. it will only stay on for 20 mins, unless i leave the ignition switch on. dont like to do that. any advice. thanks
mick

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi all
can anyone tell me how to by pass the factory fitted radio cut out on a peugot swift. it will only stay on for 20 mins, unless i leave the ignition switch on. dont like to do that. any advice. thanks
mick

hi mick,

i have the same problem with my works citroen van but it lasts 30 mins....just long enough for lunch break. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

i think the only way is to trace the auxilary feed wire from the radio back to the fusebox and move it to a different fuse, again controlled by the accessory position and of the same rating.
not sure but there could be a capacitor in the radio feed circuit, or radio itself, giving enough power for 20/30mins only.

if its in the radio your stuck with the time limit or change the radio.

Last edited:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
on my 2001 Fiat there was a permanent live yellow wire you could use this and then switch off on radio.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
on my 2001 Fiat there was a permanent live yellow wire you could use this and then switch off on radio.

did that on my car but found the radio was drawing 172mah when turned off (memory and part circuit live), which flattened the battery if stood for a couple of weeks.

after connecting properly it was drawing 9mah (memory only)when turned off .

Last edited:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
ohhh :Eeek: then its off to auto electic man :cry:
sorry my post was wrong then . :Blush:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
ohhh :Eeek: then its off to auto electic man :cry:
sorry my post was wrong then . :Blush:

hey....not a problem.:thumb:

i only found out 'cos i did it.
couldnt figure out why my battery was going flat.:Sad:

this was an aftermarket replacement radio in my corsa (the old one was locked out..£30 to unlock it. vauxhall radio...not worth £30) so it may just have been this one incident:Doh:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
If this is on a new X2/50 type 'van then the only solution I know of is to change the radio for a different make, the factory fit unit is triggered via the can bus system. If its the previous generation then yes it can easily be bypassed, I'll try to find a diagram I did for another forum a bit later.

D.

OP
OP
M

mick

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
middlesex/ mojacar spain
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
approx 18 months
i'm sorry if people have seen this before only i cant seem to log in to motorhome chat. can anyone tell me how to stop my radio cuts out after 20 mins when the engine is switched off. i have to put the ignition on to hear it constaintly.
thanks
mick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back