LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We have two Asus pooters running Windows 8.1.
When on wi fi at a site windows updates fine.

When on a mi fi even with a full signal they will not!!!

Anyone know why???

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
This happens on my SFR mi fi in France and now on a Vodaphone one in Portugal :crying1:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
I'd like to think it was deliberate.

On mifi you are paying for your data, and there may well be occasions when you would not want to use up your precious data allowance on Windows updates

Andrew

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Can't remember the details but I think some sites (CC?) prevent more than a single logon per card.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Scotjimland one told me the answer to that one. It's because the data is not coming in fast enough on a MI FI ,causing the data to interupt and therefore corupt the data. I think that's what he said anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Now my luvlies.... you know I am an expert on these things and could tell you the answer ... but I always think it is better and more mind building for you to work it out for yourselves .. so I am not going to tell you. :)

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Now my luvlies.... you know I am an expert on these things and could tell you the answer ... but I always think it is better and more mind building for you to work it out for yourselves .. so I am not going to tell you. :)

Pfft!!!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Scotjimland one told me the answer to that one. It's because the data is not coming in fast enough on a MI FI ,causing the data to interupt and therefore corupt the data. I think that's what he said anyway.

ohh you have a long memory .. could be the case but, I rather think in this case it's Window's 8 settings .. not having W8 I can't check .. but a quick Google comes up with a few suggestions.. try Googling "windows 8 updates using 3g"

Windows 8 has the tools to help you use your mobile broadband bandwidth wisely, and help ensure you don’t go over your cap and incur overage charges. You can set Windows 8 to automatically switch to a Wi-Fi network if there is one available in order to limit your mobile broadband use to only when it is truly necessary, and you can manage how mobile broadband is used through Windows policies.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back