Two Keys, (in this case) are NOT better than one. (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings All,

Apologies at the outset for the length of this post

I struggled to decide where to put this. It could go in tips but it's really a low level warning.

Last week I went to 'my' garage to have him wiggle my wastegate,:eek: Ooh!! er!!! missus.

Got there OK but on trying to get the 'van to start when I was there, would it heck.
Scratching head I had a look and saw that on the instrument panel there was a lit symbol indicating the ignition was locked, therefore the 'van wasn't recognizing the key and was assuming I was a person with theft on my mind.

More head scratching and I realised that in my pocket, I had the house keys to which was attached the household car key. Now, our car is a 12 yr old Audi so it's hardly in the bracket, all techie, singing and dancing but, just in case, I got out of 'van and placed the bunch of house keys 10 yds away. Went back to 'van and it started first time (after locking and unlocking it.) The same thing happened when I was leaving the garage. I removed the car key from the 'van and everything started again.

The only thing I can assume is that the two keys, Audi and Fiat were having a fight as to who should be in charge and the Fiat took his ball home and wouldn't play.

Having said all this, we've had both keys close together on loads of occasions but I would hate for something so simple to cause probs for the members on here who may be miles from home.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not related to keys, but been out in my old ldv pickup to day, 52 reg , on looking at the digital odo meter it kept flashing and going off altogether , not particularly worried as it does all sorts of wierd things at times but when I got home and sat looking at it I picked my phone up off the dash in front of the speedo and low and behold , odo comes on solid again and every time I moved the phone near it , it went off again, you just don't know what all these various electrical signals are messing with do you.

May 21, 2012
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2012
The hat thing is a p*ss take what you need to do is to put several thicknesses of silver paper in you shoes (all of your shoes) this will resolve all sorts of interferance problems :)

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
It's certainly a good idea to line your hat with tin foil as this prevents Aliens from taking over your brain and making you do strange things.

It works for me.

I used to be forever looking at Motorhomes and then getting another one every two years or so, when the one I already had was perfectly adequate.

Now I have the tin foil, I am normal and buy caravans of which I have just two at the moment.

:cooler:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Mrs Badknee showed me a vid on FB. Four mobile phones pointing in together and in the middle was some corn sat there minding it's own business with the four phones pointing at it. All the phones were rang and the corn " popped".
I kid you not it shot up in the air and when it landed it was popcorn!

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I wear a magnetic bracelet on my right wrist-I have to remove it when using my Dell laptop or it crashes,screen goes black,but returns to normal when I move my hand from keyboard.

Mike

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
The hat thing is a p*ss take what you need to do is to put several thicknesses of silver paper in you shoes (all of your shoes) this will resolve all sorts of interferance problems :)

Now you are taking the p... everyone knows it is set of tinfoil underpants with three foot tail which fits down the inside of your trousers and earths in your shoes or for ladies goes up and attaches to the wire in their bra, left cup I believe (nearest the dears' heart). :love:

For best results a little spillage(use your imagination) enhances the effect (men only).:whistle::whistle::whistle:

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Ok, that stops you doing strange things but how do you stop them probing? :eek:Tin foil isn't much protection, then, is it?;)

Well spotted.

That's why I act normally, it confuses them.

:cooler:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I have sometimes found, (by experimentation), that if you remove ALL your clothes, (for safety reasons only, I assure you), lie down, and flip a zippo lighter as you break wind, a large flame emits, just for a very brief period, but enough to de-frost your windscreen on a cold morning......In an emergency, of coarse. (y)(y)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I have sometimes found, (by experimentation), that if you remove ALL your clothes, (for safety reasons only, I assure you), lie down, and flip a zippo lighter as you break wind, a large flame emits, just for a very brief period, but enough to de-frost your windscreen on a cold morning......In an emergency, of coarse. (y)(y)
I'm sorry but I believe this claim requires independent verification - and where are we going to find a volunteer to be in the same county country as Tootles sans clothes?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I'm sorry but I believe this claim requires independent verification - and where are we going to find a volunteer to be in the same county country as Tootles sans clothes?
OH, yea of little faith. Observe........(y)

Reactions: GJH

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Tried that once my zippo light must have had the wrong fuel in after the flash all my pubic hair had gone scratched for weeks ,but a candle works better lol.

Reactions: GJH

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
The above thread is a very good reason for getting external silver screens. Avoid the condensation, save the lighter fuel and avoid the involuntary sack, back and crack waxing........

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
It just occurred to me..........there a lot of Funsters out there who have had contact with aliens. Why would that be?

thats easy to answer, they (the aliens) are the origanal motorhomers and they just want to know about reverse judder/gassing/were to put grey waist

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
This is becoming very silly-Monty Python

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
thats easy to answer, they (the aliens) are the origanal motorhomers and they just want to know about reverse judder/gassing/were to put grey waist

My grey waist is around my middle - so that is one less reason for the aliens to abduct a duck........

Gassing does not occur in this household as ducks bottoms are well known to be even tighter than the average Yorkshireman.

Aliens can also find out all they need to know about juddering by reading some of Mo's "jokes" - they would certainly judder when they get to the punchlines

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back