We're off! (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We're all packed up and ready to head off to Dover to catch the lunchtime ferry to Calais

We're heading down to Italy for a tour of Tuscany, taking in Cinque Terre, Sienna, San Gimigiano and Florence

Hoping to find some decent wine, food and sunshine

Happy Days!!!!

Regards
Robert

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
How long are you going for? I'd be interested to hear how you get on so please update this thread every now and again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
How long are you going for? I'd be interested to hear how you get on so please update this thread every now and again.
We've only got two weeks in total and its 3 days there and 3 days back, so just over a week in Tuscany.
Will try and post some pics and updates as we go

Sep 9, 2014
Exeter Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer C664G
Exp
since 2008
We are planning a trip to Italy for first time next May or June so any advice would be helpful.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Sounds lovely and somewhere that I would love to go to....looking forward to any updates.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
image.jpg
Just about to leave St Jean du Maurienne to head over the border into Italy. Have stayed in two Aires so far. Great value compared with campsites. Have had problem with getting broadband since arriving in France due to problems with not access to 3G. Apparently having just done a software update on iPhone 5 you now have to switch off European roaming to be able to use data roaming in Europe - how crazy is that.
Chose to use toll roads so far as we saved over 2 hours driving each day. The toll roads have been quiet and stress free - worth the money if time is not on you side

Sep 9, 2014
Exeter Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer C664G
Exp
since 2008
If stuck for internet there is always MacDonalds.....free wifi all over Europe but can be tricky in some places. ie In Germany you have to have a German mobile phone, we bought a sim for our mobile. They text you an access code!

Really Jealous....have a great trip.

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
No more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please. I'm feeling sick you lucky **********s

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
No more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please. I'm feeling sick you lucky **********s
I was just about to mention about having an ice cream in the sun - but I shan't in case it causes any offence

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Spent a wonderful evening parked at a vineyard that we found in Fattore Amicio (link on Britstops website).
Great views of the Tuscan Hills and their own Chianti wine for sale.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
LOVE Tuscany, toured it about three years ago. Then caught ferry to Croatia. One of our very memorable holidays...have fun

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Siena was fantastic - but busy !
Parking was easy in the motorhome friendly car park by the station. 20 Euro to park all day, and there is a service point too
image.jpg

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We stopped in the aire at Siena, a short bus journey away. Nothing special though - just a car park near some shops.

Hope you have better luck at San Gimignano than we did - it was pissing down all day and the cloud was so low we couldn't see any of the 14 towers. We stopped at the privately-run aire down the hill from the town - the fee included a free lift to the town and back in a battered old car. It's signposted from outside the town walls.

If you want to get in the Uffizi in Florence you may need to book in advance to avoid queueing. The Giardino di Boboli (over the bridge) is worth a stroll if you need some green.

Don't forget you have to buy bus tickets before you get on the bus in Italy, usually at a Tabacchi.

Buon Viaggio.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back