awnings (1 Viewer)

Steve Oraa

Free Member
Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Hi all, I am in south west Spain and I need to sort out an awning for our Peugeot Boxer, Swift Royale 1995 model. It is fitted with a Fiamma roll out awning but I need something like an add on 'conservatory' type. I am new to all this and would appreciate any advice offered. I have been told that a heavy cotton type is better for Spain because of the winds although I'm not sure.
Steve.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the heavy duty old type driveaway awnings are certainly robust but very heavy and bulky to travel with. I much prefer the khyam motordome, as it has all the benefits of a strong aluminium frame but also a lightweight flysheet. most of the modern alternatives have thin fibreglass poles designed to bend with the wind, leading to weak points

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hi all, I am in south west Spain and I need to sort out an awning for our Peugeot Boxer, Swift Royale 1995 model. It is fitted with a Fiamma roll out awning but I need something like an add on 'conservatory' type. I am new to all this and would appreciate any advice offered. I have been told that a heavy cotton type is better for Spain because of the winds although I'm not sure.
Steve.

2 yrs ago we spent Jan,Feb,March at Marjal-we had taken a cheap,lightweight,conservatory type,or Porch awning and kept it up all the time to see how it would last-we left it in a skip as we drove out :LOL:
However,we have now bought a Kampa air awning and can't wait to try that. Recently, in high winds,we heard no noise from this awning and felt confident that it would do well in Spain. I have read reports that air awnings 'give' in high winds-I have also read opinions that they would not fair well in high winds.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back