LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi, has anyone any experience with this campsite? http://www.campingcabopino.com/en

We have emailed and asked if they can accommodate a couple of 10 metre RV's and they have said yes that they have bigger pitches available.

We are thinking about a couple of weeks in January, is anything open? and is the site clean and tidy?

Thanks

Eddie

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Its a long stay winter site and convenient for beach , bars/restaurants , shopping and local buses. If i remember correctly the bigger pitches are at the bottom of the tiered site and nearest to the road which is probably the busiest in Southern Spain and therefor noisy

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
WOW ! At those prices and no free wifi the site must be truly amazing !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
Its a nice site, with easy access to Beach and Marina, there is are bus stops by the gate to Marbella or Malaga.
Our problem with the site is we have to use our bikes and the road is a very busy dual carriageway.
So we walked to the Supermarkets about 20/30mins. (Could have caught the bus).
Will not be going back, but plenty of people go every year.
You pays your money and takes your choice.

mrhappydog

Free Member
Dec 30, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner IT728G
Exp
Jaws...which site do u normally stay on?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We have stayed on this site 3 times, it's not the most modern of sites but we like it, a good beach 5 mins walk away. We were there in January on the way to Morocco , the beach bar was open and a good group on.
There is a bus stop right outside with buses to Marbella then a easy bus ride to Puerto-Banus.
There is a very good restaurant on site quite exclusive although the bar there does some of the best bar meals you can get.

We find the staff very friendly and helpful.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I have stayed on it several years ago with an RV and trailer. Its best to park outside the site when you arrive and they opened a gate on a side road for me. There are a few big pitches, but they are difficult to get at, with a lot of trees. This means that not only are some pitches shaded in winter but you have to take care when negotiating small campsite roads. The restaurant was good but not particularly cheep and although everything was in walking distance you would have to be fairly fit. The harbour bars and eateries were very nice but again expensive. I have never returned, so I think that says it all. When I was there many of the pitches were taken up by travelling workmen who seemed to be in the road making industry.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We also stay here on the way to Morroco, our pitch was dark and dreary I hated it closed in with trees,we didn't see many large pitches and we are not as long as you and we got stuck one or two places going around looking for a pitch .. Bar was good , company was great.. Area was good but we preferred Bella Vista at Manilver, more modern with the sea outside the gate even if you go out of season.. Easier walking with bars n restaurants nearby, and you could see the sun shining and has all mod cons fantastic showers etc...

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Good site. Right at the bottom of Cabopino golf course. Can walk to port beach, and bus stop. Buses very cheap to Marbella, Fuengirola, etc.
Fuengirola port area for incredibly good lunchtime/happy hour drink prices !
It is expensive for a short stay, but they will do deals for longer stays.
Phil

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Not stayed at Camping Cabopino, but know the area and beach. In fact, the beach is probably one of the nicest on the Costa del Sol - much of it undeveloped (to the west of the marina) and also clothes-optional. :)

Camping La Bella Vista, Manilva is - as already mentioned - directly adjacent to a good beach, and much more open to the sun.

Mike

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
I have stayed on it several years ago with an RV and trailer. Its best to park outside the site when you arrive and they opened a gate on a side road for me. There are a few big pitches, but they are difficult to get at, with a lot of trees. This means that not only are some pitches shaded in winter but you have to take care when negotiating small campsite roads. The restaurant was good but not particularly cheep and although everything was in walking distance you would have to be fairly fit. The harbour bars and eateries were very nice but again expensive. I have never returned, so I think that says it all. When I was there many of the pitches were taken up by travelling workmen who seemed to be in the road making industry.

The boys from the black stuff were kicked off here several years ago.

Strangely I came across some of them a few years later at El Raco in Benidorm and then even stranger, in 2010 on a campsite in Bratislava.

:cooler:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I found cabapino loos and showers dated. The site was very slopey and it's hit or miss with the pitches. However, 2 pools, one indoor which I used daily and a great English contingent! The supermarket was about a 20 minute walk along the dual carriageway, not nice. Easy busses East and west to marbella and beyond.
They can fit rvs, but near the main road and through a different entrance.
Bella vista very modern site. Open pitches which I liked and superb showers and loos.
Right on the beach front and lovely walks to the marina with some great places to eat.
supermarket close as well.
Each site has its good points, try both :)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
A lovely beach at Cabopino , can be quite entertaining. Win and I sat out sunning ourselves one Sunday pm when this handsome tanned muscular guy with a physique much like mine pranced up and down the beach totally starkers playing with his todger :Eeek: I said " DONT LOOK WIN" but it was too late :clap2: :Eeek: It's a beach where the gays pull :moon2: :whistle2:
The site is OK but not a spot on La Bella Vista At Manilva with its sea front location good quality hard standing fully serviced pitches . The service roads are very tight but Rudi the manager will always help get you on.
Best to check availability , perhaps book ahead .

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Its a long stay winter site and convenient for beach , bars/restaurants , shopping and local buses. If i remember correctly the bigger pitches are at the bottom of the tiered site and nearest to the road which is probably the busiest in Southern Spain and therefor noisy

I walked down that road in June and it's horrendously noisy!. However, the beach and restaurants are OK...

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We never stayed at Cabopino, the busy road put us off, but we are all different and lots like La Bella Vista, we never liked it but having a fall out with Rudi before we got on site never helped, the fact he wanted to blow smoke in our motorhome had something to do with it.:eek:
But Bill and Carol go to Cabo every winter, and as he said a great crowd and they have a good winter, that's the same with most winter sites, and that's what draws you there.:D
Once you find the sites you like your settled, but you have to try them and make your own mind up, for us a day visit to Benidorm is enough, but most love it. ;)(y) Bob

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
This was yesterday, and it is just one of the places we have to escape to, from this dreadful Cabopino place.

:cooler:

Attachments

• IMG_0090.JPG
    IMG_0090.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 24

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread