Sep 23, 2007
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Two Years
Hi everyone
I have an Autocruise Starburst 2006 model and have a problem with the 240volt electrics.
The power supply system is a Sargent EC200-PSU2007.Everything on the 12v side is working normally and there is power from the hookup lead up to the control panel but none of the 240 volt section is working.The van has been on hookup all weekend and everything worked as normal but when I went out to the van this morning there is no 240volts and the trip switches were still in the on position. anyone shed anylight on this

Thanks

Dave

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well the first thing I would suggest is to make sure the actual hook up lead is ok and what the lead is plugged in to is ok too..

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i would say the 240v goes to the charger/psu and the 240v equipment should be independant of the panel...IE: 240v sockets, fridge, water heater ect powered direct from the PSU via the trip switches.

how do you know theres 240v at the panel?

when you say 'been on hookup all weekend' is this at your house?

where do you have it plugged in ? house/garage ect. if its in the garage then there SHOULD be a seperate fuse/breaker in the main fuse box in the house for the garage curcuit. it may have tripped.

is it a standard household 3 pin plug/socket with adaptor lead or a Europlug/socket ? if its a 3 pin plug/adaptor lead then the fuse in the plug may have blown. plug another appliance in....does it work?
Europlugs dont generaly have a fuse.

hope this helps

john.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Starburstdave

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Two Years
Thanks for your reply.

Hookup has been to an external socket which is linked to the house electric socket supply. Have tested the plug and socket and that is fine. Have also tested the wiring that leads to the psu and that is live, so I presume from that there is power right up to the psu. Hope this clarifies things for you

I checked the hook up lead first as thought that would be the obvious answer but alas has nothing to do with it.

Dave

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I suspect one of two things
1. An internal fuse in the PSW has blown
2. You have a separate trip switch, you have not discovered yet in a sepertate cupboard or outside locker, it could be anywhere:Doh:
I know someone who's wife packed a cupboard and knocked off a switch they knew nothing about, 3 hrs before the ferry crossing:Eeek:
Geo
PS I found reset button on the back of my transformer during one black out

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
How did you check there was power up to the PSU. If you used a non contact voltage indicator you would see there was power if the live was intact but, it would not indicate loss of neutral.

Andy

adventure

Free Member
Oct 16, 2007
somerset
Funster No
Exp
25 years
When you press the trip button on the 240v fuses in the motorhome does it trip down (RCD).

There was a problem with trip fuses on the units fitted to swift motorhomes a couple of years ago so I would imaagine you have the same problem, try throwing the switch a few times to see if it will go but ultimatly I think you will have to change the RCD. :Sad:

Nick

OP
OP
S

Starburstdave

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Two Years
Hi
Thanks to all who replied, the problem is now fixed.I Phoned South Yorkshire Motorhomes who are the nearest dealer to me and they told me to bring it in and they would investigate.Took it this morning and the chap took the unit off the wall and checked all the connections into unit and found that the 240v supply connection had worked loose and just needed pushing back into place and hey presto it worked.The connection had probably worked loose during our tavels during the last few months. Anyhow everything is now working fine and the best bit was that I wasn't charged for the job.Such a simple thing but if you don't know about these things
:Doh:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi
Thanks to all who replied, the problem is now fixed.I Phoned South Yorkshire Motorhomes who are the nearest dealer to me and they told me to bring it in and they would investigate.Took it this morning and the chap took the unit off the wall and checked all the connections into unit and found that the 240v supply connection had worked loose and just needed pushing back into place and hey presto it worked.The connection had probably worked loose during our tavels during the last few months. Anyhow everything is now working fine and the best bit was that I wasn't charged for the job.Such a simple thing but if you don't know about these things
:Doh:

Great News.That's a Recommendation for the Dealer If ever I've heard one.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back