How much does your motorhome cost to run per mile (2 Viewers)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Just thrown some sums together regarding the cost per mile for the past years travelling :)

Throwing in the mileage for fuel, tax, insurance, mot and tyres (all money I've paid out for this year) works out to be 46 pence per mile, which all in all I'm extremely happy with :)

Would be nicer if the fuel was cheaper :)

Looking at the cost of smoking a packet of Lambert & Butler King Size (£8.08 for 20 - Tesco price) that's £0.40 pence per cigarette......soooooo all in all I get farrrrr better value out of motorhoming than I would if I smoked, plus I'll hopefully live a lot longer too :)

Winner (y):cheers::clap2:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
So if you're a 60 a day gasper you could be driving a top of the line dreamliner IF you pack it in :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Just thrown some sums together regarding the cost per mile for the past years travelling :)

Throwing in the mileage for fuel, tax, insurance, mot and tyres (all money I've paid out for this year) works out to be 46 pence per mile, which all in all I'm extremely happy with :)

Looking at the cost of smoking a packet of Lambert & Butler King Size (£8.08 for 20 - Tesco price) that's £0.40 pence per cigarette......soooooo all in all I get farrrrr better value out of motorhoming than I would if I smoked, plus I'll hopefully live a lot longer too :)

I wonder if the smokers/non smokers /non MH owners would agree with you as your cruising around the streets emitting exhaust fumes for your own pleasure.:whistle:

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Cost per night and depreciation isn't an issue for us as the van will give us over 10 yrs service and still have a value. We were flying three holidays per year prior to seeing the light and all we had to show for the cost was a memory. Thank you Iceland!!

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I don't want to know what it costs otherwise it would take some of the pleasure away.
I'm completely the opposite Roy. I like to know and the fact that it's such a good price, means I'm even happier than ever to take to the road and keep on travelling, but each to their own and completely get what you mean :)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes but if you use your m, home and visit the right countries fags dont cost anything like that . and fuel prices come down .
also have big fuel tanks so you dont buy so much in uk . also bring back lots of beer wine etc so you dont buy in uk that helps .
doesnt work out anything like that . could be you arent using your right .

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Depreciation is bothering me at the moment, trying to work out my retirement plan, how much do I need to put by to change MH in 5/10 years?

Presuming I stay at similar spec I don't think I can ever retire from work :(

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
8 quid a packet??:Eeek: Is that how much people pay to slowly kill themselves nowadays?
I know Dux, that's a scary thought :Eeek::Eeek:
Think how much beer could be brought with that kind of money too :cheers::drink::beerchug::notworthy2::rofl:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
That doesn't sound to bad, personally I have never worked it out and don't intend to. The motorhome is a lifestyle for us. Use this weekend for example drove about 200 miles round trip stayed at a campsite at the cost of £36 for the 2 nights (only stayed there as its where I needed to be) had a couple of pints in the village pub for around a tenner then home fully recharged,
So in total we must have spent around £100 for a lovely weekend away, well worth it.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I know Dux, that's a scary thought :Eeek::Eeek:
Think how much beer could be brought with that kind of money too :cheers::drink::beerchug::notworthy2::rofl:
Yes, almost half a bottle of wine...........

.....in my dreams.....

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
That doesn't sound to bad, personally I have never worked it out and don't intend to. The motorhome is a lifestyle for us. Use this weekend for example drove about 200 miles round trip stayed at a campsite at the cost of £36 for the 2 nights (only stayed there as its where I needed to be) had a couple of pints in the village pub for around a tenner then home fully recharged,
So in total we must have spent around £100 for a lovely weekend away, well worth it.
Gets my vote Lorger!! (y)(y)(y)

Funny how all my worries and troubles stay outside the door when I close it and set off on our next travels. They may be lurking somewhere close by on my return, but they're never thought about whilst we're away :cheers:

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies

I wonder if the smokers/non smokers/non MHowners would agree with you as you cruise around the streets emitting exhaust fumes for your own pleasure.
Im sure your hopes for longevity are not their prime concern:whistle:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
A more depressing thought for those of us still in employment is how much did your motorhome cost per night it was used last year

David

I have no idea on cost but we have had over 140 nights in van since January 1st and still another 25 or so planned till end of year
So close to half of year in van
In my my eyes that is not bad going
It makes me wonder why we have the expense of a house

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I have no idea on cost but we have had over 140 nights in van since January 1st and still another 25 or so planned till end of year
So close to half of year in van
In my my eyes that is not bad going
It makes me wonder why we have the expense of a house
Defiantly jealous at those figures Peter!! :)

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
yup and that goes for me as well.just in love with my mh.and the pleasure I get from it.
That's one of those kinky statements only a fellow Funster and motorhomer could understand and relate too :)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
That's one of those kinky statements only a fellow Funster and motorhomer could understand and relate too :)
zoso right
haha so right

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I have no idea how much per mile, week, month or year the motorhome costs. I have no idea how much a packet of cigarettes or a pint of beer costs in the UK either as I buy mine where they are cheaper. I drove down to Benidorm 3 weeks ago from Liverpool and dont have a clue how much it cost. One day the hole in the wall will not give me what I ask for and until then I will continue enjoying life to the full and be damned to the expense. When its gone, its gone.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Defiantly jealous at those figures Peter!! :)
But we did get a good start with 3 month run to morroco so I don't think we will be repeating it next year
Now 2016 could be differant again I have a loose plan of
Leave home in June up Norway Sweden and over artic circle back down though Russia (St Petersburg)down into Germany over Alps to Italy ferry fron Italy to morroco and home by Easter 2017
God and banking willing

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back