spanish trip help (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2014
Funster No
we are thinking of going to spain for a few weeks in Jan /Feb /Mar time. we will probably travel via the tunnel because i dont like boats....and in the winter i REALLY dont like boats.!!! we haven't been to Spain before..so would appreciate any info or advice about sites etc from Spanish veterans .We are looking at somewhere around Alicante area... this is my first post on here so i hope i have done it right....Thanks Dave

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Hi Dave and welcome. I'm sure someone will be along with some advice shortly. We're quite fancying Spain or Portugal for early next year too, so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Are you looking for busy sites (i.e. Benidorm) or for quiet places?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hi and welcome..
Here is my travel route, if any help..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/po64s4u30x06vp6/2014 Western Route to Spain.odt?dl=0

Costa Blanca is a popular destination, anything from Valencia area downwards is best at that time of year.
So many sites, it really depends on where you want to be and what you want to do..
Benidorm very popular but some just dont like it.. Wherever you go I am sure you will enjoy it and you have lots of time to plan.. REMEMBER France can be very cold in Winter, so be prepared..

OP
OP
Wardleyweb
Oct 1, 2014
Funster No
sites not too quiet ...will it be a busy time ?

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
busy time depends where you go if you are at benidorm then it will be busy but not busy where you cant breathe imho anywhere away from beni is much quieter
benisassim bonterra park near valencia is nice but will be quiet at that time marjal about 40mins from alicante will be busy but not much around outside the site there will of course be loads of funsters in all those place but most will be in benidorm

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
will there be any rallies around this time.
There are Camping & Caravanning Club rallies in several places but many will be fully booked but still worth a try. Have a look on their website. You can also book a pitch on quite a few sites with the Caravan Club but no rallies with them.

Mike

OP
OP
Wardleyweb
Oct 1, 2014
Funster No
Thank you momo, are you really in Spain....E viva... Espana

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, Here are some links that should help you decide on your journey.
http://about-france.com/routes-from-calais.htm
http://about-spain.net/travel/map.htm

Using toll roads can now be very expensive. However if you follow the advice in the above links you can do almost the whole journey without paying Tolls. (some Tolls are worth paying though. See link).
With respect to campsites, Benidorm and either side of it are very popular in winter and you will find Brit's on almost all of them, some more than others. I would advise you to use goggle as most camp sites have a website and provide all the information including pictures to help you make your mind up.
Happy Trails.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
if you are at benidorm then it will be busy

The times we've been in Vilasol, around March, it's been very quiet on site and apart from a couple of places where some good loud music and beer was flowing, Beni is peaceful enough.

Or Camping Cap Blanche, a few miles away and seriously peaceful.

Peatmoor

Free Member
Aug 19, 2014
Matlock Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Premium Liner
Exp
Since 1986
We find that you don't need to use any sites in eastern Spain during Winter, just turn up at the Airs in "Camperstop Europe" available from Vicarious Books, many are free and are sited all the way down the East coast, usually with sea views. You will be in the company of Germans and Dutch as well as English, and in many intances there is a party atmosphere. Water is available at many of these stops, and some even have electricity. We will be there this winter for 3 Months.

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
We find that you don't need to use any sites in eastern Spain during Winter, just turn up at the Airs in "Camperstop Europe" available from Vicarious Books, many are free and are sited all the way down the East coast, usually with sea views. You will be in the company of Germans and Dutch as well as English, and in many intances there is a party atmosphere. Water is available at many of these stops, and some even have electricity. We will be there this winter for 3 Months.

No doubt you will also meet some Scots, Welsh and Irish as well..........o_O

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Hi Wardleyweb.
Very much like yourself my wife will not get on a ferry. Tunnel every time.
We are limited on our time away so we use tolls all the way from Calais to Benidorm . Toll costs for the entire route around 200 euros.
As others have stated Valencia downwards has reasonable weather. Many funsters around at that time of year.(y)

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
The times we've been in Vilasol, around March, it's been very quiet on site and apart from a couple of places where some good loud music and beer was flowing, Beni is peaceful enough.

Or Camping Cap Blanche, a few miles away and seriously peaceful.
didnt like cap blanche brian me and pete aka knuckledragger was there last july 1 night was enough although the area outside the camp was beautiful

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think it really depends on what you want. Benidorm has many fans but the best site we have found on our current trip where I could conceivably spend a longish time was camping Bellavista at Aguilas. Spotless and well run but the town is a twenty minute walk away but they do have one cracker of a fiesta in February!

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, Here are some links that should help you decide on your journey.
http://about-france.com/routes-from-calais.htm
http://about-spain.net/travel/map.htm

Using toll roads can now be very expensive. However if you follow the advice in the above links you can do almost the whole journey without paying Tolls. (some Tolls are worth paying though. See link).
With respect to campsites, Benidorm and either side of it are very popular in winter and you will find Brit's on almost all of them, some more than others. I would advise you to use goggle as most camp sites have a website and provide all the information including pictures to help you make your mind up.
Happy Trails.
Whoops! Just re-read this and note I have left a key couple of words, which are you can do almost the whole journey without paying Tolls, on motorways/dual carriageways.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Gonna keep this thread as useful for my impending trip :)

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
La torretta has been a little damp wih the bottom of the site flooded
Alan
image.jpg

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Hi and welcome..
Here is my travel route, if any help..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/po64s4u30x06vp6/2014 Western Route to Spain.odt?dl=0

Costa Blanca is a popular destination, anything from Valencia area downwards is best at that time of year.
So many sites, it really depends on where you want to be and what you want to do..
Benidorm very popular but some just dont like it.. Wherever you go I am sure you will enjoy it and you have lots of time to plan.. REMEMBER France can be very cold in Winter, so be prepared..

Thanks have used some of them but some new ones help

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back