gas it (1 Viewer)

gpz

May 24, 2012
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
converted movano
Exp
anybody know what size hole needs to be cut in to the body work for an external gas it fill point any help appreciated

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I think it is 70mm but should be on the instructions that you got with it, or on the website.

Aug 28, 2013
luton
Funster No
MH
Elddis Acardo 125
Exp
Gas-it sell the correct size and as Dux said fitting instruction are on their web site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If you don't want to cut a 70 mm hole, you could use a jic filling point which only need a 30 mm hole.
Link Removed

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I think it is 70mm but should be on the instructions that you got with it, or on the website.
I'm having GasIt fitted this week and couldn't find any fitting instructions on their website.
Could anyone post a link please?
Regards
Robert

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
That's what I thought
Had downloaded before
Thanks

OP
OP
gpz

gpz

May 24, 2012
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
converted movano
Exp
thanks for all your replys found the gaslow instructions one question is it ok to put external fill point going into gas locker instructions say put it low down but seems to me it will be hard work bending down to the side skirt aprrox 1ft off the floor ,seems easier to have it higher up and go straight into gas locker as it is vented so any lost gas will escape through the floor, what height have you put your filler at ?

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
IMG_1124.JPG IMG_1125.JPG
thanks for all your replys found the gaslow instructions one question is it ok to put external fill point going into gas locker instructions say put it low down but seems to me it will be hard work bending down to the side skirt aprrox 1ft off the floor ,seems easier to have it higher up and go straight into gas locker as it is vented so any lost gas will escape through the floor, what height have you put your filler at ?

Yeah no problem if you want to fit into gas locker, I fitted mine in the garage see attached pics works fine (y)

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
I fitted a bracket on inside of gas locker for mounting the fitting. Thereby doing away with cutting a hole in the MH panel. Also, if I decide to swap the MH, I can remove the system and refit in the new vehicle.

OP
OP
gpz

gpz

May 24, 2012
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
converted movano
Exp
horshamjack how high is your fill point from the floor just it looks quite high is it a good height for the gas gun ,and can you tell me how is the body off the fill point secured to the side off your motorhome pic off back would be good as i cnt see how you secure the bacl as my side walls are about 400mm thick and outer partoff fill point will not connect to the front part without very long screws

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Only an observation, but putting the fill pipe through the garage is not good practice.
High pressure hoses should be situated externally to the vehicle interior unless routed through externally vented ducting.
This is an LPGA standard.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Looks more like a gas locker than a garage to me!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back